First-Ever Acura Facebook Contest Challenges Action Sports Fans to "Compete Like a Pro"
Acura announced today that it will launch a social marketing campaign to help promote the all-new 2011 TSX Sport Wagon. The "Compete Like a Pro" campaign, hosted on Acura's Facebook page, aims to engage action sports athletes to compete by activating their social networks for top votes to win a TSX Sport Wagon.
"The TSX Sport Wagon offers a smart solution to those with an active lifestyle," says Steve Center, vice president of National Marketing Operations. "Blending the right balance of performance, luxury and utility, the TSX Sport Wagon is a great vehicle for action sports enthusiasts who will take part in the Compete Like a Pro competition."
The "Compete Like a Pro" campaign kicks off today. To participate, competitors can register via Acura's Facebook page and create a profile to engage their social network for votes. Top votes will earn one winner an all-new 2011 TSX Sport Wagon. Competitors need only select from a qualifying sport and tell everyone why they should win the car. Qualifying sports include:
- Climbing (rock and ice)
- Cycling (road racing, BMX racing, mountain biking, cyclocross, track cycling)
- Endurance / Adventure racing (triathlon, ultramarathon, adventure/orienteering)
- Paddleboarding (prone and stand-up)
- Skiing (alpine/downhill, speed, freestyle and cross-country)
- Snowboarding (alpine/downhill, half-pipe, free-ride, cross-country, boarder-cross)
- Surfing (skim, short & long boards, softboards and bodyboards)
- Water-skiing (slalom, wakeboarding, ski jumping)
- Whitewater Kayaking
Acura offers a full line of technologically advanced performance luxury vehicles through a network of 270 dealers within the United States. The 2011 Acura lineup features six distinctive models including the RL luxury performance sedan, the TL performance luxury sedan, the TSX sedan and Sport Wagon, the turbocharged RDX luxury crossover SUV, the MDX luxury sport utility vehicle and the all-new ZDX four-door sports coupe.
For complete details and contest rules, please visit the Acura brand Facebook page and click on the "Compete Like a Pro" tab www.facebook.com/Acura.