The TL is assembled exclusively by Honda of America Manufacturing, Inc., at its Marysville, Ohio, auto assembly plant, using domestic and globally sourced parts. North American parts suppliers were involved from the earliest stages of the TL development process to ensure the highest quality from the beginning of mass production.
Production of the TL in Ohio is part of the company's philosophy of designing and producing products in the markets where they are sold. The TL resulted from an international development effort, combining Acura's resources in Japan with its extensive and growing R&D and manufacturing capabilities in the U.S., including:
- Acura Division product planning, sales and marketing in Torrance, Calif.
- Styling and engineering by Honda R&D Americas in Los Angeles and Raymond, Ohio
- Production tooling by Honda Engineering North America, Marysville, Ohio
- Engines from Honda of America Manufacturing, Inc. Anna Engine Plant in Anna, Ohio
- Assembly at the Marysville Auto Plant in Marysville, Ohio, using domestic and globally sourced parts
The EPA classifies the TL as a domestic car with local content in excess of 90 percent.
Honda of America Manufacturing, Inc. sources vehicle components from more than 450 North American suppliers for vehicles produced at its Marysville, East Liberty and Anna, Ohio, manufacturing facilities.
MARYSVILLE AUTO PLANT
With a start of production dating back to 1982, a total investment of $2.1 billion and more than 5800 associates, the Marysville Auto Plant has attained a new quality standard with the production of the TL. Capable of producing a total of 1800 cars per day, the plant's flexible manufacturing environment allows seamless production of the TL on the same line as the Acura CL coupe and Honda Accord despite substantial differences between the vehicles.