Acura Announces Pricing For 2002 3.2 CL Luxury Performance Coupe
Acura today announced pricing for the 2002 3.2 CL luxury performance coupe. The CL is available in two distinct versions, the luxurious 3.2 CL priced at $28,030, and the high-performance 3.2 CL Type-S, priced at $30,380. 2002 CL prices represent a $50.00 increase over last year or a 0.2 percent increase based on a sales-weighted average. The 2002 CL goes on sale today at Acura dealers nationwide.
"The superior performance and comprehensive luxury features of the CL epitomize Acura's approach to providing upscale consumers with everything they want in a world class coupe," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president, sales. "We expect the '02 model to continue to appeal to discriminating drivers in this very competitive segment."
Designed to deliver an exhilarating yet refined driving experience, the CL receives several enhancements that result in an even quieter ride for 2002. These enhancements include redesigned "diffuser" side mirrors and thicker moonroof glass, both of which help to reduce wind noise.
Acura year-to-date sales through August total 114,190, up 24 percent over the same period last year despite a slowing U.S. economy. The introduction of the all-new RSX sports coupe and continued strong sales of the 3.2 TL luxury performance sedan and the MDX luxury SUV have helped propel the division to sales records each of the past 10 months.
2002 Acura 3.2 CL Highlights:
- 225 horsepower 3.2-liter, 24-valve, SOHC, V-6 aluminum alloy engine (CL)
- 260 horsepower 3.2-liter, 24-valve, SOHC, V-6 aluminum alloy engine (CL Type-S)
- VTEC™ (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control)
- Computer-Controlled Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- 5-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift™
- Meets Low Emissions Vehicle (LEV) standards (3.2 CL in California is ULEV)
- 4-wheel independent double-wishbone suspension with stabilizer bars
- Variable power-assisted, rack-and-pinion steering system
- 16-inch alloy wheels with V-rated, all-season, high performance tires (CL)
- 17-inch alloy wheels with V-rated, all-season, high performance tires (CL Type-S)
- 4-wheel disc brakes with Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) (CL Type-S)
- 105,000 mile tune up interval
- Automatic climate control system
- Leather trimmed interior
- Power moonroof
- Heated front seats
- 8-way power driver seat
- Power windows, mirrors and locks
- Acura/Bose® Music System with 6-disc in-dash CD changer
- Keyless entry system with anti-theft engine immobilizer, driver's seat and outside mirror and position memory
- Optional Acura Navigation System
3.2 CL Type-S
Destination and handling
3.2 CL Type-S
Destination and handling charge