Acura today announced pricing for the all-new 2002 RSX sports coupe, the replacement for the Integra. The RSX comes in two fully-featured versions, the sporty RSX, priced at $19,950, and the high-performance RSX Type-S, priced at $23,170. The RSX goes on sale July 2, 2001 at Acura dealers nationwide.
"The RSX is a new breed of sports coupe for the luxury performance market," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president of sales. "It gives driving enthusiasts a new level of excitement while providing a level of refinement that is unique in the sports coupe segment."
The RSX delivers more power, technology and refinement, positioning the new coupe farther upscale than its well-known predecessor. It features an innovative new generation powertrain, all new steering and suspension systems, contemporary styling and a host of standard luxury features.
2002 Acura RSX Highlights:
- 160 horsepower 2.0-liter, 16-valve, DOHC, 4-cylinder aluminum alloy engine (RSX)
- 200 horsepower 2.0-liter, 16-valve, DOHC, 4-cylinder aluminum alloy engine (Type-S)
- i-VTEC™ (Intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control)
- Computer-Controlled Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)
- Available 5-speed manual, 5-speed Sequential SportShift™ automatic, or 6-speed manual transmissions
- Meets Low Emissions Vehicle-II (LEV-II) standards
- Exclusive Control-Link MacPherson Strut independent front suspension
- Variable power-assisted, rack-and-pinion steering system
- Compact, double-wishbone rear suspension
- 16-inch alloy wheels with all-season, high performance tires
- Large, 4-wheel disc brakes with Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Track-tuned sport suspension (RSX Type-S)
- Automatic climate control system
- High-output audio system with in-dash CD player
- Power moonroof
- Power windows, mirrors and locks
- Deeply sculpted sport seats
- 3-spoke, leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Acura/Bose® music system with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and trunk-mounted Richbass™ woofer (RSX Type-S)
- Leather upholstery (RSX Type-S)
- Keyless entry system with anti-theft engine immobilizer
Acura anticipates selling 30,000 RSXs annually. Acura year-to-date sales through May total 69,449 vehicles, up 25.9 percent from last year. The division has set sales records each of the past seven months.