Andretti Green Racing Team Profile
Bryan Herta, Valencia, CA
Dario Franchitti, Edinburgh, Scotland
Marino Franchitti, Edinburgh, Scotland
Tony Kanaan, Miami, FL
Andretti Green Racing, one of North America's most successful racing organizations with impressive records in the IndyCar Series, moves into the sports car world in 2007 by fielding a factory-backed Acura-powered prototype machine in the American Le Mans Series LMP2 division.
Andretti Green Racing, which is owned by Michael Andretti, Kim Green and Kevin Savoree, captured the 2004 and 2005 IndyCar Series championships and the 2005 Indianapolis 500 in its four seasons and totaled 27 victories in Indy Racing League events (23 in the IndyCar Series and four in the Indy Pro Series).
Andretti Green Racing joined forces with Acura this year to enter one of the three factory efforts in the tough American Le Mans Series LMP2 class competing against full factory and manufacturer-supported efforts from Audi, Porsche and Mazda, and a variety of independent teams.
AGR's entry, the No. 26 XM Satellite Radio car, will have a 3.4-liter normally-aspirated Acura engine with the new ARX-01A chassis. At the wheel of the new machine will be veteran IndyCar drivers Bryan Herta, Dario Franchitti, Tony Kanaan and sports car regular Marino Franchitti.
In addition to its new American Le Mans Series effort in 2007, the team will
field four full-time Honda-powered entries in the IndyCar Series. The team will
consist of 2006 Rookie of the Year Marco Andretti, Dario Franchitti, 2004 IndyCar
Series champion Tony Kanaan and 2005 Rookie of the Year Danica Patrick.
Andretti Green Promotions - a joint venture between Andretti Green Racing and Team Green Investments - is the promotional side of the company, and owns and operates the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, set for March 30 - April 1, 2007, on the streets of St. Petersburg, Fla., in 2008.
Full Name: Bryan John Herta
Birthdate: May 23, 1970
Birthplace: Warren, Michigan
Residence: Valencia, California
Children: Calysta, Colton
Started karting at age 12... is a founder of the Snap-On Stars of Karting Presented by the Indy Racing League... enjoys jet skiing, mountain biking, karting, sport fishing, golf and other outdoor activities... favorite channels on XM Satellite Radio include: "Top 20 on 20," "XM Comedy 150" and "80's on 8."... a fan and occasional singer of alternative rock, he has performed with Kenny Brack and the Subwoofers... studied economics at the University of California-Irvine and Ohio State University.
- Signed to drive XM Satellite Radio Acura sports car for Andretti Green Racing in the 2007 American Le Mans Series
- Recorded second career IndyCar Series win after starting on the pole and leading 159 laps at Michigan (2005)
- Finished third in the 2005 Indianapolis 500 after starting 18th
- Drove in two events for Team USA in the A1 Grand Prix (2005)
- Finished ninth in the IndyCar Series championship (2004)
- Finished fourth in the 2004 running of the Indianapolis 500 after starting 23rd
- Earned first career IndyCar Series win at Kansas in only his third series start (2003)
- Scored two career Champ Car victories, both at Laguna Seca (1998, 1999)
- Captured three-consecutive poles at Laguna Seca (1997-1999)
- Finished a career-best eighth in the Champ Car series championship twice (1996, 1998)
- Won the 1993 Dayton Indy Lights Championship
- Captured the 1991 Barber Saab Pro Series title
- Dominated the 1989 Skip Barber Formula Ford series, winning 14 of 18 events
Full Name: George Dario Marino Franchitti
Birth Date: May 19, 1973
Birth Place: Edinburgh, Scotland
Residence: Nashville, Tenn.
Born and raised in Scotland, but is of Italian descent... a licensed helicopter pilot; he flies a Eurocopter AS350 B3... enjoys flying radio controlled airplanes... collects Ferraris...likes to work out, read and play video games... has a younger brother, Marino, who is also a race car driver... admires fellow Scotsman Sean Connery and is a fan of James Bond movies.
- Signed to drive Canadian Club Honda Dallara Indy Car in the 2007 IndyCar Series and XM Satellite Radio Acura sports car in 2007 American Le Mans Series for Andretti Green Racing
- His 14 career wins make him the winningest British driver in American open-wheel history
- Has accumulated 55 top-five and 87 top-10 results in his open-wheel career
- Finished in fourth place in the 2005 IndyCar Series driver championship
- Won at California Speedway from the pole position in the final race of the 2005 IndyCar season
- Scored his third career IndyCar Series win at Nashville in 2005
- Earned two wins and one pole position during the 2004 IndyCar Series season
- Finished Champ Car career-best second in 1999 championship standings
- Earned 10 wins and 11 pole positions in Champ Car competition
- Finished among the top seven in Champ Car in four out of six years
- Recipient of the 2001 Greg Moore Legacy Award
- 1999 Champ Car All-Star Team Selection
Full Name: Marino Allesandro Cesare Franchitti
Birth Date: July 7, 1978
Birth Place: Edinburgh, Scotland
Residence: Edinburgh, Scotland
Martial Status: Single
Started racing in karts at age eight...his father was a former racer and his brother (Dario) also races...an avid reader, he enjoys reading about the history of motorsport...enjoys all forms of physical training.
- Signed to drive XM Satellite Acura factory sports car in 2007 for Andretti Green Racing
- Recorded eight victories en route to capturing the 2001 British GTO Championship in first year of professional sports car racing
- During the 2002 season in his inaugural prototype race at Phoenix, he broke the lap record, qualified on pole, set fastest race lap and won the event
- Captured the LMP2 pole while qualifying at the 2004 12 Hours of Sebring
- Earned a podium finish at the 2006 Spa 24 Hours race
Full Name: Antoine Rizkallah Kanaan Filho
Birth Date: December 31, 1974
Birth Place: Salvador, Brazil
Residence: Miami, Florida
Marital Status: Wife, Daniele
Began in racing and building go-karts in his native Brazil... has won six karting championships... graduated to cars in 1991 and competed in the Brazilian Formula Ford Championship... moved to Europe in 1993 to race in Formula Opel, Formula Alfa-Boxer and Formula Three in Italy... came to North America in 1996 to drive for Tasman Motorsports in Columbus, Ohio... won the Indy Lights championship in 1997... joined the Champ Car ranks in 1998 and claimed the Rookie of the Year title... won his first Champ Car race at Michigan in 1999... switched to the IndyCar Series in 2003 with Andretti Green Racing... finished fourth in the IndyCar championship in 2003... captured the IndyCar Series title in 2004 with three wins and finished every lap, a first in major North American motorsports... has competed in a variety of triathlons and is an avid rollerblader and bicyclist... collects wristwatches... speaks English, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish.
- Won the 2004 IndyCar Series championship with three victories and completed every lap during the season
- Finished second in the 2005 IndyCar Series, winning races at Kansas and Infineon Raceways
- Placed sixth in the 2006 IndyCar Series championship, winning at Milwaukee
- Has seven IndyCar victories
- Finished second in the 2004 Indy 500 and third in the 2003 Indy 500
- Claimed his first IndyCar Series win in 2003 at Phoenix
- Earned his first Champ Car victory at Michigan in 1999
- Awarded the 1998 Jim Trueman Rookie of the Year in the
Champ Car Series
- Captured the 1997 Dayton Indy Lights championship