Corporate / North American Operations
Honda October Sales Rise on Record CR-V and Strong Civic Sales; Acura Posts over 17-Percent Increase on Record Sales of Truck of the Year Candidate MDX
- CR-V boasts record October sales
- Civic sales up 32.1 percent over October 2012
- Acura light trucks post record October sales on strength of all-new MDX and RDX
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported October 2013 U.S. total sales of 114,538 units, an increase of 7.1 percent compared with October 2012 (up 3.1 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). Year-to-date sales reached 1,273,550, an increase of 8.5 percent. Honda Division October sales reached 100,242, an increase of 5.7 percent compared to last October. Acura Division posted sales of 14,296, an increase of 17.5 percent compared to October 2012.
- CR-V surpasses the previous October record set in 2006, with sales of 22,554 up 11.6 percent from October 2012
- Civic sales for October were the best since 2001 and up substantially over the previous year with an impressive 32.1 percent rise, posting sales of 27,328
- Accord posted October sales of 25,162, with America's best-selling retail model handily passing the 300,000-unit mark for year-to-date, up 11.2 percent for the year versus 2012
"Despite consumer uneasiness early in the month, real demand remains strong across the Honda brand and we remain on track to achieve number one retail sales this year for our core models: Civic, Accord, CR-V and Odyssey," said John Mendel, executive vice president of sales at American Honda. "With the all-new Accord Hybrid arriving at dealerships this week and a significantly updated Civic coming later in the year, we anticipate sales will continue to be hot even as the weather cools down heading into winter."
- Acura posted October sales of 14,296, an increase of 17.5 percent compared to last October with Acura light trucks recording their best October ever
- MDX sales set an October monthly record with 5,608 units, up 48.7 percent compared to last October
- RDX also set an October record with sales of 3,333, up 25.3 percent compared to last year
- RLX posted its best sales month since its release in March
"The poise and power of Acura's line of light trucks continues to win over an ever-increasing number of discerning SUV customers," said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura sales. "With MDX recording its best October since 2004 and RDX continuing to set sales records month over month, Acura has the strongest one two punch in the industry."
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 27 days for October 2013 and 26 days for October 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 256 days for 2013 and 255 days for 2012. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
# # #