- Best month ever for CR-V contributes to Honda brand 29.1 percent sales increase
- Accord, Civic and CR-V each top sales of 30,000 units in August
- All-new MDX breaks all-time record, boosting Acura brand sales up 9.0 percent
- Acura RDX posts 16th straight record month of sales
Setting a new August record, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported U.S. sales of 166,432 units, a total increase of 26.7 percent compared with a year ago (up 22.2 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). Year-to-date sales of 1,053,449 units represent a year-over-year increase of 11.0 percent. The Honda Division posted August 2013 sales of 149,381 units, an increase of 29.1 percent compared with August 2012. Acura Division U.S. August sales of 17,051 units were up 9.0 percent compared with the prior year.
- CR-V breaks all-time sales record set in March 2012, with sales of 34,654 up 45.1 percent compared to August 2012
- Accord and Civic both top 38,000 units, with Civic posting its best August since 2009
- Pilot and Ridgeline both see sixth consecutive month of double digit sales gains, contributing to a new all-time Honda light-truck record
"With three of our core models topping 30,000 units and the Honda brand up more than 29 percent, our August sales definitely didn't take a break for the holiday weekend," said John Mendel, executive vice president of sales at American Honda. "We're keeping our foot on the gas as we transition into the 2014 model year including the introduction an all-new Accord Hybrid in October."
- Acura posts a 9.0 percent sales gain, and a 27.3 percent gain in light-truck sales, setting an all-time light-truck sales record for the second straight month
- The all-new MDX set a new all-time record with its best month ever, up 17.1 percent
- RDX was up 49.7 percent with its 16th successive monthly sales record
"More luxury SUV shoppers are choosing the Acura brand than ever before," said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura sales. "RDX is unstoppable after 16 straight monthly records, and the all-new MDX is already proving it's the one to beat, setting records in its first two full months of sales."
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 28 days for August 2013 and 27 days for August 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 206 days for 2013 and 205 days for 2012. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
# # #