2004 Honda Accord Expands Availability of Side Curtain Airbags and XM Satellite Radio
The Honda Accord enters the 2004 model year with top-of-the-class performance, refinement, and sophistication, while expanding the availability of features and standard equipment on some models.
"The Accord has always won minds with its superior quality, high fuel economy, low emissions and strong resale value," said Tom Elliott, executive vice president, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "Now it is also winning hearts with its cutting edge technology, dynamic styling and exhilarating performance."
The 2004 Accord will now be available with:
- XM Satellite Radio standard on EX-L, EX V-6 models
- Side curtain airbags available on EX models and standard on EX models with leather and the EX V6
- Intelligent dual climate control on models equipped with Honda Navigation System
- New Accord V6 Coupe Factory Performance package
- Expanded availability of near zero emissions PZEV models to select Northeastern states
All Accord models feature a long list of standard equipment including dual stage, dual threshold front airbags, anti-lock brakes, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, AM/FM stereo with CD Player, power windows, LED instrumentation and advanced emissions technology.
All EX models include a 6-disc CD changer, 16-inch alloy wheels, power moonroof and power driver's seat with adjustable lumbar support. All EX-V6 models feature standard side-curtain airbags, Traction Control System and leather-trimmed seats.
The 2004 Accord is offered in distinctively styled coupe and sedan models (only their headlights are shared) with the following powertrain options:
- A 160-horsepower 2.4-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine
- A 240-horsepower 3.0-liter VTEC V-6 engine
- A 5-speed automatic transmission (4- and 6-cylinder coupe and sedan)
- A 5-speed manual transmission (4-cylinder coupe and sedan)
- A 6-speed manual (V-6 coupe)
A perennial leader in emissions performance, the 4-cylinder Accord equipped with an automatic transmission was one of the first volume vehicles to meet California's "Partial Zero Emission Vehicle" (PZEV) standard, the most stringent in the world. For 2004, Honda is expanding the availability of PZEV Accords to include the Northeastern states of New York, Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts.
In order to maximize interior comfort, the 2004 Accord offers a new Intelligent Dual Climate Control system. The system combines date, time, latitude, longitude, and vehicle direction data from the available Satellite-Linked Honda DVD Navigation System' with information from a sun sensor to determine the amount of light entering the vehicle. The dual-zone automatic climate control adjusts accordingly to maintain proper cabin temperature for both the driver and passenger.
A new Honda Factory Performance package that enhances the Accord V-6 Coupe's sporting nature will be available as a dealer-installed option. Factory Performance features include:
- Rear deck or wing spoiler
- Front, rear, and side underbody spoilers
- FP Emblems
- Chrome exhaust finisher
- Suspension kit with new springs and shock absorbers that lower the vehicle's center of gravity
- 17-inch wheels and tires (on models with automatic transmission)
The same world class engineering and attention to details that imbues every Honda vehicle with the highest levels durability, quality, and reliability makes the Accord a perennial favorite with American car buyers and has contributed to its attainment of the following 2003 accolades:
- Car and Driver "10 Best Cars"
- IntelliChoice "Best Overall Value of the Year" (Midsize)
- Kiplinger's Personal Finance "Best in Class" and "Best New Car" ($16-23k)
- Parents Magazine "Top 5 Choices in Segment"
- Ward's Autoworld "Ten Best Engines" (3.0-liter V-6)
- IIHS "Best Pick Frontal Offset Crash Test Results"
- R.L. Polk & Co. "Automotive Market Environmental Superiority"
- Automobile Consumer Services "#1 Most Requested Model"
For more information on downloadable high-resolution images of the Honda Accord and other Honda vehicles, please visit www.hondanews.com. Consumer information is available at www.hondacars.com.