Power Equipment / Lawnmowers / HRR / Releases
Honda HRR Lawnmower - General Overview
A core mission at American Honda Motor Co., Inc., is to exceed the expectations of its customers - integrating new and innovative design features to continuously improve its products. And the Honda Power Equipment lawnmower line is no exception.
With the introduction of the all-new HRR Series lawnmowers, Honda answers a fundamental question posed by lawn care enthusiasts everywhere: is there an affordable, exceptionally easy-to-use lawnmower that delivers high performance?
New for 2006 are two all-new HRR Series lawnmowers, the HRR216K3TDA and the HRR216K3VXA, both of which incorporate innovative design features focusing on ergonomics/ease-of-use and superior technology as well as a fresh new look. Replacing the existing HRR216K2SDA/TDA and HRZ216TDA mowers, the new HRR models are affordably priced.
The innovative and affordable Honda HRR is a durable, low maintenance, high quality lawnmower that offers consumers. Key features (VXA model only) include:
- an infinitely easier lawn mowing experience through several key design features including the new SMART Drive™ System, Honda RotoStop®, ErgoActive™ easy folding handlebars, a single rear height adjuster, larger wheels, a higher cut height, and increased bag size. The result is virtually effortless operation, speed control and better maneuverability - all at an affordable price point;
- 2-in-1 (mulch and bag/no tools required) with 4-in-1 versatility through the exclusive Honda twin-blade QuadraCut System™, a standard rear large capacity bag, an optional rear-mount side discharge chute and an optional leaf shredder;
- an exceptionally reliable start and quiet operation through the fuel-efficient GCV160 OHC/OHV 4-stroke engine.
HRR at a Glance
- SMART Drive™ Variable Speed Transmission (allows the operator to easily control the mower speed - up to 3.8 mph - when resting hands on handlebars) (VXA model only)
- Roto-Stop® Blade Brake Clutch (allows the operator to start and stop the blade with the engine running) (VXA model only)
- EZ Grip ErgoActive™ Handle and quick release folding handlebars for safety, convenience and comfort
- Twin Blade Honda QuadraCut™ System (twin blades, offset for an improved cut performance, and four cutting surfaces to produce finer clippings - for superior mulching or efficient bagging)
- Single Rear Height Adjuster (spring loaded mechanism for easy adjustment of cutting heights) (VXA model only)
- Two-year extended warranty (one additional year with product registration within 30 days of purchase - for a total of three years coverage)
- Honda Brand Value with Honda engineered components
- Single Rear Height Adjuster allows the operator to easily adjust - without straining - the mowing height of the rear wheels. This is especially useful because the bulk of the unit's weight rests on the back wheels. (VXA model)
- Seven cutting height positions, ranging from .75 - 4.0 inches (VXA model); six cutting height positions, ranging from .75 to 3.25 inches. (TDA model)
- 9" rear ball bearing wheels (VXA model) and 8" rear ball bearing wheels (TDA model)
- Smoother ride on rough ground
- The Honda HRR lawnmower Series features an advanced 4-cycle engine, the Honda GCV160, which provides a quiet, low-emission and reliable power source to drive both the cutting blade and the drive wheels.
- 21" oyster pearl heavy-duty steel mowing deck
- Comfortable foam handlebar and Easy Fold quick release handle allow for simple set up - unfolding handlebars, twisting and then clicking knobs into place. (VXA model only)
- Handlebars can be folded over completely for storage or to two different height positions for operator comfort; there are no knobs or bolts to tighten or loosen.
- Easy-off rear grassbag with wide mouth; 2.4 bushel capacity allows the operator to mow longer before emptying the bag.
|HRR GLOSSARY OF TERMS|
|SMART Drive™||Developed with an ergonomic design, this unique, variable speed transmission allows the user to easily control the speed of the mower when resting his/her hands on the handlebars.|
|DuaLube™||Honda's DuaLube™ Systems achieves full engine lubrication by combining governor slinger paddles and an oil-bearing timing belt.|
|ErgoActive™ Handle||Honda's handles are designed for user safety and convenience, offering easy-to-access controls that make the mower comfortable to use.|
|Four Stroke Engine Technology||
Four-Stroke refers to the four strokes of movement by the piston inside the engine (intake, compression, power, exhaust).
|GCV160||Engine featured on the HRR. This four-stroke engine features an internal timing belt that results in quieter overall operation. An overhead cam layout, along with lightweight and durable uniblock construction, creates a lighter and more compact package than anything else in the class, delivering excellent power to weight ratio. This easy start engine delivers 5.5 hp.|
|Leaf Shredder||This attachment makes easy work of Spring and Fall cleanup by chopping up the leaves during mowing; it means less emptying of the grass bag for fall clean-up.|
|QuadraCut™||The twin-blade Honda QuadraCut System™ uses four cutting surfaces to cut grass into tiny pieces that quickly decompose and add nutrients to a lawn. This special design is offered only by Honda. The QuadraCut System also provides for superior bagging: finer clippings take up less volume, so the bag fills up less often.|
|Rear Discharge||Rear Discharge lawnmowers channel the clippings to the bag in the rear of the mower deck.|
|Roto-Stop®||There is no need to restart the engine every time the operator steps away from the mower. This feature allows the operator to easily disengage the blade while keeping the engine running. The user can empty the bag, move debris or toys out of the way or drive over sidewalks without having to stop, and then restart, the engine.|