Power Equipment / Pumps / Releases
Honda Power Equipment Introduces a New Generation of Lightweight Water Pumps
Honda Power Equipment will introduce an all-new version of its popular WX10 lightweight water pump featuring Honda's most advanced mini four-stroke engine, the company recently announced. The WX10K1 replaces the WX10A4 in the Honda pump lineup, and will be available through Honda Power Equipment dealers nationally in the Spring of 2005.
"In the spirit of continuous improvement, it makes sense for us to apply some of our most advanced engine technology to one of our most popular pumps," said Honda Power Equipment product planning manager, Rock Reed. "Honda customers have come to expect technological leadership from us whether the product is an automobile or a water pump."
Ideally suited for home, recreational, and light construction applications, Honda's new WX10K1 pump delivers numerous performance improvements over the outgoing model.
Performance improvements include:
- a 50 percent improvement in priming time to 80 seconds at 16.4 feet;
- a 18 percent improvement in total head lift to 118 feet;
- a 15 percent improvement in suction head lift to 26 feet;
- a maximum output pressure increases from 43 psi to 51 psi;
- a weight decrease from 15 lbs to 13.4 lbs.
Powering the Honda WX10K1 is Honda's compact 25cc overhead cam (OHC) mini four-stroke engine that is the lightest and most compact of its kind in the world. Through the use of a rotary slinger pumping lubrication system, it can be started, operated and stored in any position. This unique engine minimizes noise and vibration, while delivering unsurpassed fuel economy and oil consumption.
- The Honda WX10K1 features a lightweight aluminum centrifugal self-priming pump with an aluminum impeller and volute, and a carbon/ceramic mechanical seal. Additional features include:
- a standard garden hose adapter;
- a standard suction hose and strainer;
- a standard transport handle;
- a 37 gallon per minute capacity;
- operation with regular gasoline - no mixing of gas and oil required.
Honda Power Equipment, a division of American Honda Motor Co., Inc., manufactures and markets a complete range of outdoor power equipment, including outboard marine engines, general purpose engines, generators, lawnmowers, pumps, snowblowers, tillers and trimmers for commercial, rental and residential applications.
Information for media regarding Honda products is available at www.hondanews.com.
Consumer information regarding Honda products is available at www.honda.com.
For product inquiries and dealer locations, please call 800-426-7701.