Powersports / ATV / Sport / TRX400X
2007 Honda TRX400EX- Features & Benefits
With aggressive styling and the convenience of a Reverse gear, the sport-model TRX400EX combines high performance and refinement like nothing else in its class.
- The 397cc RFVC engine draws its breath from the same engine that powered the bulletproof XR™400R.
- Rugged steel frame with removable subframe for easy maintenance.
- Beautiful one-piece cast-aluminum swingarm offers exceptional rigidity.
- Radial tires for exceptional handling.
- Triple disc brakes provide superb stopping power.
- Aggressive body style complements the all-sport appearance.
- High-performance 397cc dry-sump air-cooled four-stroke single-cylinder engine.
- Radial Four-Valve Combustion Chamber (RFVC) for maximum combustion efficiency and horsepower.
- Camshaft timing developed especially to meet ATV requirements for torque and useable horsepower.
- Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth operation.
- Dual intake and exhaust ports for maximum engine efficiency in sport operating conditions.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- 38mm carburetor provides light throttle effort, superb air/fuel mixing and driveability. An accelerator pump ensures excellent throttle response for maximum power.
- Stainless steel dual exhaust head pipes resist corrosion.
- USDA-qualified muffler/spark arrester offers quiet operation and maximum power.
- CD ignition with electronic advance and 9100-rpm engine rev limiter.
- Heavy-duty clutch has 2mm-thick plates designed to stand up to sport-ATV demands.
- High-efficiency oil cooler supplements the large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse has gears and ratios specifically designed for sport-ATV use.
- Round-tube steel frame with removable subframe is lightweight, durable and very strong.
- One-piece cast-aluminum swingarm for maximum strength, rigidity and durability.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension offers 8.2 inches of travel from twin Showa shock absorbers with five-position adjustable spring preload for superb ride quality over harsh terrain.
- Pro-Link® rear suspension with a fully adjustable large-diameter aluminum-body piggyback Showa shock absorber provides 9.1 inches of travel.
- Triple disc brakes for excellent stopping power and a weight-saving aluminum rear caliper stay.
- All Pro-Link components are made of aluminum to further reduce vehicle weight.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for even better handling.
- Radial tires with knobby pattern provide superb traction and cornering ability.
- Durable and lightweight heavy-duty O-ring- sealed drive chain.
- Easy-to-use eccentric chain adjuster.
- TRX™450R-inspired bodywork.
- Engine design meets California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Convenient push-button electric starting.
- Long, narrow seat provides excellent comfort and superb sport riding ergonomics.
- Aggressive styling of front cowl, fuel tank and fenders complements pure-sport design.
- Durable plastic fuel tank.
- Dual 30w headlights integrated into front cowl provide distinctive sport style and excellent function.
- Rear brakelight.
- Snorkel-type airbox to avoid contamination from water and dirt.
- Washable, two-stage, large-capacity foam air filter.
- Oil tank features a dipstick for easy maintenance.
- Comfortable dogleg levers; clutch lever has cable adjuster and dust cover.
- Tough steel front skid-plate.
- Heavy-duty steel skid-plate protects rear brake disc and sprocket.
- Engine cases protected by a tough urethane skid-plate.
- Rear mudguard with rigid footrests.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
- Multi-function handlebar switch assembly is simple to operate.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Tool kit includes tire-pressure air gauge and owner's manual.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Flag Kit.