Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Rancher ES/Rancher
2009 Honda FourTrax Rancher Features
Over the years, the ready-and-willing Rancher has proven itself a dependable partner from sunup to sundown, whether the day calls for work or for fun.
New for 2009
- New Black color joins Red and Olive
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to rear wheels for improved drivetrain efficiency.
- Large radiator with cooling fan ensures optimal engine cooling under difficult operating conditions.
- Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Specially designed floorboards on all Ranchers allow the rider's feet to grip the footrests while helping keep mud and debris away.
- Efficient 420cc longitudinally mounted engine boasts exceptional horsepower and torque and eliminates 90-degree power transfers (see Technology Section).
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Keihin fuel-injection system provides crisp performance and ensures trouble-free operation in cold conditions and changing altitudes.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counterbalancer reduce vibration.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse includes an ultra-low first gear.
- Convenient electric starting with optional recoil starter and an automatic internal decompression system.
- Washable foam air filter for easy maintenance and consistent performance.
- Stainless-steel exhaust header and muffler for superior corrosion resistance.
- Full transistor ignition with electronic advance for excellent performance and reliability.
- Powerful, 343-watt AC generator.
- Large 7.2-liter airbox with reusable foam air filter provides more air to the engine for increased performance.
- Rugged frame and suspension provide an exceptional 6.5 inches of ground clearance.
- Steering-mechanism design features light effort and a tight turning radius of 8.9 feet.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension uses premium shock absorbers to provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for a plush, comfortable ride.
- Steel swingarm and single rear shock absorber provide 6.3 inches of suspension travel for superb comfort and compliance.
- Tough, large-diameter 24x8-12 front and wide 24x10-11 rear tires provide added ground clearance while maintaining precise handling.
- Dual hydraulic front disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brake for strong stops.
- Combination LED stoplight and taillight.
- Optional waterproof accessory socket provides 12-volt, 10-amp power with a built-in temperature-type fuse.
- Large cargo racks front and rear allow payloads of 66 and 133 pounds, respectively.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with towing capacity of 850 pounds.
- Large, lightweight plastic fuel tank with 3.6-gallon capacity.
- Fuel gauge is standard equipment.
- Snorkel-type air-intake system is specially designed to resist water.
- Unique rear-opening storage compartment allows access when rack is loaded.
- Thickly padded seat provides all-day comfort.
- Large fenders give excellent mud protection.
- Twin-headlight system with 30-watt bulbs features multireflector lenses for optimal light distribution.
- USDA-qualified, three-chamber spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without wool packing for long-lasting performance.
- Tough 12-amp-hour maintenance-free battery.
- Durable, comfortable, easy-to-use controls.
- Keyed ignition switch for added security.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Handlebar switches, controls and warning labels use easy-to-understand graphic symbols.
- Standard equipment includes a tire-pressure gauge.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Flag Kit.
- Recoil Starter.