Powersports / ATV / Utility / FourTrax Rancher ES/Rancher
2014 Honda FourTrax Rancher/FourTrax Rancher ES Features
For 2014, the two-wheel-drive FourTrax® Rancher® stays true to its hard-working roots, only more so thanks to an all-new frame and front and rear suspension with increased travel and adjustable spring preload to accommodate various load conditions. A new enclosed-axle swingarm provides optimized stiffness for improved durability, and contributes to even better handling along with a smoother ride. Whether the day calls for hard work or loads of fun, the FourTrax Rancher's torque-laden liquid-cooled fuel-injected 420cc engine gets the job done. Choices include a model with Honda's renowned Electric Shift Program (ESP) for push-button shifting, or a manual-shift model to suit your specific riding style. Either way, the new FourTrax Rancher/FourTrax Rancher ES make every ride more fun.
- All-new double-cradle steel chassis with a redesigned frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering features increased stiffness (up 20 percent) for even more precise handling and a smoother ride.
- New front and rear suspension features an increase in travel to 6.7 inches at both ends, plus new shocks for a plush and controlled ride.
- Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 848-pound towing capacity.
- Twin-headlight system has been redesigned and now features 35-watt headlights with a more focused light distribution pattern for improved visibility after dark.
- Assembled in Timmonsville, South Carolina, using domestically and globally sourced parts.
- Transferable one-year limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Rugged OHV liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 420cc longitudinally mounted engine allows direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for excellent ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Super-heavy-duty automatic clutch with a low-rpm engagement point for excellent driveability and towing capability.
- New mapping for the Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel efficiency for greater range.
- Five-speed transmission with Reverse includes an ultra-low First gear. The Rancher ES model incorporates Honda's exclusive ESP for easy shifts with the touch of a handlebar-mounted button.
- Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation without servicing for long-lasting performance.
- Adjustable spring preload now featured on all shocks to allow for quick and easy suspension tuning to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- New enclosed-axle swingarm with optimized stiffness for improved toughness and durability, and excellent handling performance.
- New rubber swingarm pivot bushings yield increased low-speed ride comfort and increased durability.
- Rear brake is now located in a more protected area inside the right rear wheel for improved durability and increased ground clearance.
- The new Rancher offers a tighter turning radius of 9.2 feet.
- All-new one-piece tank/side cover allows easy access (no tools required) for maintenance.
- New, aggressively styled bodywork also provides better mud protection.
- Increased AC generator output of 416 watts to allow powering more electrical accessories.
- New Honda Phantom Camo blends into a wide range of field environments, and new Honda application procedures provide better graphic durability and improved resistance to fuel spillage.
- New meter display with added functions like a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it is time for service—ESP model only.
- New fuel pump is derived from Honda automobile technology. It mounts in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and offers increased filter life.
- New plastic CV joint boots are more durable and tear-resistant.
- New sealed steering knuckle bearings for extended durability.
- Newly optimized rider triangle for added comfort.
- A 20mm (0.8 inch) increase in seat foam thickness and softer seat foam increase rider comfort.
- Dual front hydraulic disc brakes and sealed mechanical rear drum brake for strong stopping power.
- Full-length synthetic lower skidplate with integrated front brush guard.
- Front carrier capacity is 66 pounds and rear is 133 pounds.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
Windscreen, Soft Rack Bag (front), Soft Rack Bag (rear), Fender Bag, Outdoor Storage Cover, Heated Grips, Plow Blade, Plow Push Tube, Plow Mount Kit, Winch Kit, Winch Mount Kit, Recoil Starter, 12V Power Outlet, Front A-Arm Guards, Aluminum Frame Skidplate, Side Pocket Net, Accessory Sub Harness
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.