Powersports / Motorcycles / Custom / Shadow / Features
2012 Honda Shadow RS - Features & Benefits
The Honda Shadow® RS serves as rolling proof that classic ideas never go out of style. By combining agile and responsive handling, V-twin power, clean, crisp lines and standard-style riding ergonomics, this is one ready and willing bike that’s perfectly poised for whatever the journey may bring. The Shadow RS’s higher footpegs enhance ground clearance, and its thoroughly modern liquid-cooled 745cc V-twin engine boasts Honda’s sophisticated Programmed Fuel Injection to enhance your riding pleasure. Climb aboard the Honda Shadow RS, and the open road is all yours.
New for 2012
- New Candy Blue color.
- Classic roadster tank shape and seat are inspired by the world of flat-track racing.
- A torquey 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine pumps out a strong spread of power over a broad rpm range.
- Minimalist front fender.
- Handlebar shape enhances classic styling.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) incorporates a single 34mm-diameter throttle body.
- Lightweight chain final-drive system continues classic styling theme.
- Spoke wheels feature a 100/90-19 front tire and a 150/80-16 rear tire to complete the overall classic look.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Crankshaft features long-stroke design to produce strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features a large-diameter billet-aluminum triple clamp for a distinctive look plus confident, neutral handling and a plush 4.6 inches of wheel travel.
- Classic dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability and 3.5 inches of wheel travel for a smooth ride.
- Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake is drum type.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- Backrest (tall/low), Backrest Trim (tall/low), Rear Carrier, Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets, Master Cylinder Caps (fluted/V design/neo-retro), Billet License Plate Frame (fluted/V design/neo-retro), Saddlebags, Saddlebag Supports, Saddlebag Liner Set, Touring Bag (plain/studded/fringed), Front Pouch (plain/studded), Cycle Cover
† WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
Compression ratio: 9.6:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment, one 34mm throttle body
Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Front: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 61.4 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 32.0° 30’
Trail: 134.0mm (5.3 inches)
Seat Height: 29.5 inches
Fuel Capacity: 2.6 gallons, including 0.7-gallon reserve
Estimated Fuel Economy**: 56 mpg
Colors: Candy Blue
Curb Weight*: 503 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.
**Honda’s fuel-economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride; how you maintain your vehicle; weather; road conditions; tire pressure; installation of accessories; cargo, rider and passenger weight; and other factors.
Meets current EPA standards.
Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
©2012 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. All rights reserved.