Powersports / Motorcycles / Custom / VTX / Features
2008 Honda VTX1800F Features & Benefits
For those who favor a cruiser with sporty high-performance styling, the VTX1800F blends custom looks with big V-twin power.
Features & Benefits
New for 2008
- The VTX1800F is available in Black and Candy Red Tribal.
- The VTX1800F is available in two distinctive build variations: Spec 1 and 2.
- Bold sport-custom performance-cruiser styling.
- Bobbed-style front steel fender with straight-cut rear steel fender complement the drag-racing look.
- Low 27.6-inch two-piece gunfighter-style seat features a removable passenger section for an enhanced custom look.
- Handsome chromed two-into-two staggered exhaust system features five-bolt muffler tips and a deep exhaust note.
- Streamlined headlight features a smaller hooded lens for a unique minimalist look.
- Aggressive 10-spoke racing-type cast wheels feature a low-profile 130/70R-18 radial front tire with an aggressive 180/55R-18 radial rear tire to put the engine's awesome power to the ground and enhance the overall performance and custom look.
- Large, handsomely finished, flangeless 4.8-gallon gas tank features pinstripe-quality VTX decal badging.
- Custom-style recessed LED taillight and brakelight.
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU) closed-loop emissions system utilizes an air-injection system and three-way exhaust catalyzer to simultaneously reduce emissions.
Spec 1 Custom-Building Options
- Crankcases, cylinder, starter motor: Satin-black finish with milled cylinder fin edges.
- Handlebar: Cast-aluminum risers and caps with hairline satin-brushed finish.
- Clutch and Brake Levers: Smooth, cast-aluminum finish.
- Fork Tubes: Inverted fork tubes with satin-brushed finish.
- Upper and lower triple clamps: Cast-aluminum with hairline satin-brushed finish.
- Switch Housings: Smooth, cast-aluminum finish.
- Radiator Cover: Color-matched painted finish.
- Footpegs: Chromed.
- Final-Drive Housing: Silver finish.
- Wheels: Satin-brushed cast-aluminum.
Spec 2 Custom-Building Options
- Crankcases, cylinder, starter motor: Satin black finish with milled cylinder fin edges.
- Handlebar: Chrome-plated cast-aluminum handlebar risers and caps.
- Clutch and Brake Levers: Highly polished aluminum finish.
- Fork Tubes: Chrome steel covers highlight detailed front end.
- Upper and lower triple clamps: Highly polished cast-aluminum.
- Switch Housings: Hairline satin-brushed finish.
- Radiator Cover: Color-matched painted finish.
- Footpegs: Oval-shaped chrome-plated cast-aluminum.
- Final Drive Housing: Hairline satin-brushed finish with chrome-plated axle cap and fasteners.
- Wheels: Highly polished cast-aluminum.
- Engine is a 1795cc liquid-cooled 52-degree V-twin that hammers out immense power.
- V-twin engine features 4-inch cylinder bores and the largest connecting rods and cylinders Honda has ever made.
- Advanced technology Offset Dual-Pin Crankshaft (see tech section).
- The 41.4-pound forged-steel crankshaft uses bolted weights, reducing crankcase width nearly 2 inches and reducing crankshaft weight 8.8 pounds compared to a conventional one-piece design.
- The engine mounting system uses carefully matched hangers and rubber mounts to eliminate unwanted vibration, while preserving the powerful character of the engine's V-twin design.
- Three-Valve Dual Plug Cylinder Head (see Technology Section).
- Two iridium-tip spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion at all engine speeds.
- Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters. - Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) (see Technology Section).
- ECU provides individual digital 3-D fuel-injection and ignition maps for each cylinder, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.
- Unique dry-sump oiling system utilizes a closed crankcase design and places the oil tank inside the gearbox case. The result is a freer-revving engine for improved power and a lower engine height.
- Radiator with cooling fan maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
- Five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios for relaxed cruising and exciting roll-on performance.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
- The engine's power is harnessed by a massive tubular steel frame and gives the VTX a long, low, muscular stance.
- Large 45mm inverted front fork provides 4.3 inches of plush yet responsive wheel travel.
- Dual chromed rear shocks have 3.9 inches of wheel travel and feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
- Linked Braking System (LBS) (see Technology Section).
- Distinctive chrome hooded-headlight housing features a powerful 55/60-watt halogen bulb with a computer-designed multireflector for superb lighting in all conditions.
- Tank-mounted digital LCD instrumentation includes a speedometer, bar-graph tachometer, odometer, A/B tripmeters and a clock.
- Reliable 300-watt alternator.
- Durable, maintenance-free battery.
- Transferable one-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Assembled in Marysville, Ohio.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda USA-certified unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Visit www.hrca.honda.com for details.
Honda Genuine Accessories
Backrests and Rear Carriers: Deluxe Chrome Backrest w/ Pad, Deluxe Chrome Backrest Trim w/ Emblem, Deluxe Chrome Rear Carrier, Deluxe Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mount Brackets, Adjustable Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (5-Position), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Tall, Studded Traditional), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Tall, Plain Traditional), Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Traditional), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Low, Studded Traditional), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Low, Plain Traditional), Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Traditional), Chrome Rear Carrier (Traditional), Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets (Traditional), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Tall, Sport-Custom), Chrome Backrest Trim (Tall, Sport-Custom), Chrome Backrest w/ Pad (Low, Sport-Custom), Chrome Backrest Trim (Low, Sport-Custom), Chrome Rear Carrier (Sport-Custom), Chrome Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets (Sport-Custom), Chrome Passenger Grab Rails (Fits all style backrests).
Windscreens: Custom Windscreen (Performance Style), Custom Windscreen (Sport-Custom Style), Adjustable Height Windscreen (2.56-inch Vertical Adjustment Range), Boulevard Screen (Clear), Boulevard Screen (Smoke), Boulevard Screen Mount Kit (Neo-Retro), Boulevard Screen Mount Kit (Smooth), Sport Screen, Lower Wind Deflectors.
Lightbar: Chrome Lightbar (Sport-Custom).
Leather: Leather Saddlebags (18L Plain), Leather Saddlebags (18L Studded), Leather Saddlebags (18L Fringed), Saddlebag Mounting Brackets, Leather Tank Belt (Plain), Leather Tank Belt (Studded), Leather Touring Bag (Studded), Leather Touring Bag (Plain), Leather Touring Bag (Fringed), Leather Front Pouch (Studded), Leather Front Pouch (Plain), Leather Front Pouch (Fringed).
Chrome Appearance: Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Chrome Master-Cylinder Cap, Chrome Allen-Bolt Inserts.
Chrome Billet: Chrome Billet Master-Cylinder Cap (Fluted), Chrome Billet Master-Cylinder Cap (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Master-Cylinder Cap (V Design), Chrome Billet Dipstick (Fluted), Chrome Billet Dipstick (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Clutch Cover (Fluted), Chrome Billet Clutch Cover (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Timing and Crankshaft Cover Set (Fluted), Chrome Billet Timing Cover (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Countershaft Cover Trim (Fluted), Chrome Billet Countershaft Cover Trim (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Upper Countershaft Cover Trim (Fluted), Chrome Billet Driveshaft Bolt Cover (Fluted), Chrome Billet Driveshaft Bolt Cover (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Driveshaft Bolt Cover (V Design), Chrome Billet Swingarm Pivot Cover Set (Fluted), Chrome Billet Swingarm Pivot Cover Set (Neo-Retro), Chrome Billet Upper Fork Nut Covers, Chrome Billet Banjo Bolt Covers.
Additional Accessories: Digital Audio System, Chrome Heated Grips, Cycle Cover.