Powersports / Motorcycles / Custom
2012 Honda Shadow Phantom Features & Benefits
The Shadow Phantom® celebrates the joy of back-to-basics motorcycling by delivering a V-twin ride packing a uniquely clean and uncluttered appearance. Check out the minimalist look and extensive blackout treatment that bring your eyeballs back to that very cool 745cc V-twin engine featuring the convenience and sophistication of Programmed Fuel Injection. By staking out the low-profile approach to cool, the Shadow Phantom reinforces the idea that bling ain’t everything in a bike.
New for 2012
- New Matte Black Metallic color.
- Bobber-inspired styling with extensive blacked-out and matte finishes.
- Minimalist front fender.
- Handlebar shape enhances bobber styling.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) for good throttle response and fuel efficiency.
- Spoked black wheels and hubs feature a 120/90-17 front tire and 160/80-15 rear tire to complete the overall custom look.
- Low 25.8-inch seat height.
- Sleek, one-piece gunfighter-type seat.
- Tank-mounted speedometer in a stylish 3.7-gallon fuel tank.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
- Crankshaft features long-stroke design to produce strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
- Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
- Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter matte finished shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive look. Delivers confident, neutral handling.
- Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability for a smooth ride.
- Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads. Rear brake is drum type.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth and reliable low-maintenance operation.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
- Boulevard Screen (smoke), Custom Rider Seat, Solo Rider Rear Carrier, Backrest (tall/low), Rear Carrier, Backrest/Rear Carrier Mounting Brackets, Tank Belt (plain/studded), Saddlebags, Saddlebag Supports, Saddlebag Liner Set, Touring Bag (plain/studded/fringed), Front Pouch (plain/studded), Cycle Cover
† WARRANTY: Because we’re so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine accessories, we’re pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Engine Type: 745cc liquid-cooled 52° V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 79mm x 76mm
Compression ratio: 9.6:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment, one 34mm throttle body
Ignition: Digital with 3-D mapping, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
Final Drive: Shaft
Front: 41mm fork; 4.6 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
Front: Single 296mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Wheelbase: 64.6 inches
Trail: 161.0mm (6.3 inches)
Seat Height: 25.8 inches
Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Estimated Fuel Economy**: 56 mpg
Color: Matte Black Metallic
Curb Weight*: 549 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.
**Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride; how you maintain your vehicle; weather, road conditions; tire pressure; installation of accessories; cargo, rider and passenger weight; and other factors.
Meets current EPA standards.
Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
©2012 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. All rights reserved.