Powersports / Motorcycles / Enduro / CRF230F
2008 Honda CRF230F Features & Benefits
A popular pick as the most accomplished off-road play bike by motorcycle magazines the world over, the electric-start CRF230F is the perfect match for recreational riders discovering the world of off-road adventure.
New for 2008
- Narrower seat, fuel tank and new handlebar shape increase rider comfort.
- Dependable 223cc single-cylinder air-cooled four-stroke engine offers plenty of user-friendly power and torque spread over a wide-rpm range.
- 26mm carburetor for crisp throttle response.
- Electric start for ease of starting.
- Lightweight aluminum crankcase.
- Maintenance-free CD ignition.
- Heavy-duty clutch offers smooth, progressive engagement.
- Smooth-shifting, versatile six-speed transmission.
- Heavy-duty O-ring-sealed chain for durability and reduced maintenance.
- Box-section aluminum swingarm first in its class.
- Lightweight semi-double-cradle, high-tensile steel frame.
- 37mm leading-axle Showa front fork offers 9.5 inches of suspension travel.
- Fork boots keep dirt and moisture away from fork seals.
- Heavy-duty Showa rear shock offers 9.0 inches of travel.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section)
- Snail-type chain adjusters for easy maintenance.
- Powerful 240mm front disc brake.
- Lightweight rear drum brake.
- Strong, lightweight rims with straight-pull spokes.
- CRF®-R-inspired bodywork and graphics.
- Engine design produces low emissions that meets both EPA and California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road standards.
- Motocross-style seat is low and comfortable, and allows maximum rider movement.
- Easily detachable number plate.
- High-impact plastic skidplate protects lower engine cases.
- Folding shift lever.
- Reusable, foam air filter for reduced maintenance costs.
- Front and rear steel sprockets for durability.
- High-quality handlebar with comfortable grips.
- Extra-wide-cleated, folding, self-cleaning footpegs and brake pedal for secure footing.
- Quiet, USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler.
- Maintenance-free sealed battery.
- Keyed ignition switch.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty.