Powersports / Motorcycles / Enduro / CRF80F
2012 Honda CRF80F Features and Benefits
When it’s time for beginning riders to step up to a manual-clutch machine, the CRF80F serves as the perfect choice. The 80cc air-cooled four-stroke engine has earned near-legendary status for its toughness and durability, yet it delivers a smooth and tractable powerband uniquely suited to riders learning the ins and outs of manual transmissions. Big-bike styling, nimble handling and amazingly well balanced performance plus Honda’s famous reliability make this versatile little bike a real family favorite.
- Durable, proven and simple 80cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke engine develops smooth, tractable power that’s ideal for beginners.
- Ultra-reliable CD ignition never needs maintenance.
- 20mm carburetor for crisp throttle response.
- Closed crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
- Primary kickstarting for easy starts in any gear.
- Lightweight, upswept competition-type exhaust system utilizes a quiet, USDA-qualified muffler/ spark arrester.
- Durable, smooth-shifting five-speed transmission.
- Heavy-duty clutch with smooth, progressive engagement.
- Lightweight high-tensile steel frame is rigid, durable and offers ideal geometry for recreational off-roading.
- Leading-axle 27mm Showa front fork offers 5.5 inches of compliant suspension travel.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see 2011 Technology Section).
- Heavy-duty Showa rear shock offers a smooth ride.
- Knobby tires offer excellent grip and long life.
- Lightweight screw-type drive chain adjusters for simple maintenance.
- Powerful, lightweight drum brakes.
- CRF®-R-inspired graphics.
- Keyed ignition switch prevents unauthorized use.
- Durable body components.
- CRF-style seat shape accommodates a broad range of rider sizes.
- Generous ground clearance and rugged skidplate for undercarriage protection.
- CRF-shape handlebar enhances rider comfort.
- High-quality controls feature comfortable grips, dogleg levers and side-pull throttle just like those of the bigger CRFs.
- Cleated, folding, self-cleaning footpegs offer secure footing.
- Fork boots help protect stanchion tubes and fork seals.
- Silver-painted frame and footpegs.
- Durable steel sprockets.
- Washable, reusable foam air filter.
- Transferable six-month limited warranty; extended warranty available with a Honda Protection Plan.