Powersports / Motorcycles / Motocross / CRF250R
2007 Honda CRF250R- Features & Benefits
06/01/2006 - Torrance, Calif.
Honda's innovative dual-muffler CRF250R has won Transworld magazine's 250cc-four-stroke "Motocross Bike of the Year" for three years in a row.
New for 2007
- New camshaft and cylinder-head porting improve power output above 8000 rpm.
- New intake valve springs match new camshaft.
- New crankcase venting for improved engine power.
- New exhaust header works in conjunction with new camshaft.
- New carburetor features new-styled accelerator pump and linkage for improved throttle response.
- Stronger clutch basket and clutch center for improved wear resistance.
- New ignition map with 13,370-rpm rev limit.
- New link-type front brake master cylinder improves front braking power by 15 percent.
- New Dunlop 742FA front tire provides improved turning feel and traction.
- New one-piece cover protects throttle cable by keeping out dirt and water.
- Lighter rear chain guide.
- New front suspension valving for improved bump absorption.
- Powerful four-stroke 249cc liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® engine is
designed to produce power across a wide rpm range for easy-to-
- Lightweight, compact, internal auto decompression and handlebar-mounted hot-start system provide superb operation, hot or cold.
- Compact, lightweight engine assembly weighs only 52.7 pounds.
- Unicam valve train provides the light weight of a compact single-cam drive and the optimum combustion chamber shape for maximum power at all engine rpm.
- Unicam valve train features a carburized single camshaft that directly actuates two 31mm titanium intake valves. The camshaft exhaust lobe actuates two 26mm steel exhaust valves via a forked, low-friction roller rocker arm.
- Lightweight titanium intake valves permit the use of smaller valve springs, reducing overall engine height.
- Crankshaft is made of high-strength, low-carbon steel with carburized main journals for maximum durability at sustained high-rpm operation.
- ACG cover, clutch cover and cylinder-head cover are made of magnesium to reduce engine weight.
- Forged 12.9:1 compression slipper piston and rings are lighter than a conventional design, revving quickly while maintaining excellent cylinder sealing and high-rpm power.
- Double-carburized connecting rod utilizes a big-end needle bearing for maximum high-rpm performance and durability.
- Nikasil cylinder lining is lightweight and provides cooler operation for extended engine life.
- Press-fitted aluminum spark-plug pipe fits between forked exhaust rocker arms, further contributing to compact cylinder-head design.
- 40mm Keihin FCR carburetor features four rollers on the flat slide, resulting in very light throttle effort, smooth operation, crisp throttle response and excellent rideability.
- Carburetor features a throttle position sensor (TPS) that helps maintain a linear throttle response throughout the range.
- Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination to the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
- Vertically split crankcases feature a built-in oil pump, reducing weight compared to a conventional design.
- Dual-muffler exhaust system centralizes mass and reduces turning inertia to improve the lightweight feel of the bike.
- Dual-muffler exhaust system also increases low-rpm torque.
- Exhaust system uses a lightweight stainless exhaust header and repackable aluminum mufflers.
- Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared to conventional dual-radiator design.
- Gear-driven balancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch discs provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine's impressive torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
- Durable five-speed close-ratio transmission.
- Fourth-generation twin-spar aluminum frame is derived from Honda's CR® series. Forged-aluminum steering head and tapered downtube section are designed to optimize frame rigidity. In addition, tall swingarm pivot plates and thin frame spars create a narrow overall frame cross-section for superb rider comfort and maneuverability.
- Frame design features a single, large-diameter tapered downtube. Two rugged box-section rails attach to the base of the downtube and support the engine. A forged-aluminum steering head provides a compact and extremely durable mount for the frame spars and engine downtube.
- The aluminum frame design is matched to rider ergonomics to maximize handling and control operation.
- Swingarm features a dual-axis, double-taper design with a large cast-aluminum cross-member.
- Front and rear wheels feature HRC works-type lightweight aluminum spoke nipples.
- Front wheel features large-diameter front axle and wide wheel-bearing span for excellent rigidity.
- Rear axle diameter of 25mm and large-diameter bearings provide significant rigidity to withstand torturous track conditions.
- Lightweight 47mm inverted Showa twin-chamber cartridge fork with aluminum dampers. The fork offers 12.4 inches of travel, 16-position rebound and 16-position compression damping adjustability. The inner surface of the front fork outer-tubes receives same honing treatment as works bikes for low-friction operation.
- Pro-Link® single-shock rear suspension system features a fully adjustable Showa rear damper and 12.4 inches of wheel travel, separate low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns) compression damping adjusters and 17-position rebound damping.
- Rear shock damper piston diameter is 50mm for consistent performance under demanding riding conditions.
- Link-type front brake master cylinder provides strong braking while using a light weight brake rotor.
- Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized-aluminum brake pistons and lightweight front brake disc minimize unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
- HRC works-type rear brake system integrates the rear master-cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the rear master-cylinder reservoir and hose.
- Large 240mm front and rear brake discs.
- All plastic body components (radiator shroud, sidecovers, rear fender, seat base, fuel tank, front fender and front number plate) offer a slim, aggressive style and light weight.
- Frame design allows airbox sidecovers to have larger intake ducts, contributing to significant airflow in the mid- and upper-rpm ranges.
- Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider's legs at the narrowest cross-section of the frame for improved comfort and handling.
- Seat cushion uses foam construction that follows the shape of the fuel tank, providing a smooth transition to increase rider mobility and comfort.
- "Non-slip" seat cover for increased rider control.
- Dunlop 742FA front and 756 rear tires for improved traction and cornering.
- Cleated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum and are designed to complement the riding position. Brake pedal features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master-cylinder design.
- Wide, cleated, stainless steel footpegs are self-cleaning, resist corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground clearance.
- Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing, MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.