Powersports / Motorcycles / Motocross
2010 Honda CRF250R Features and Benefits
Boasting an all-new, more powerful, more compact engine with Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) combined with an all-new Twin Spar Aluminum Frame featuring the Honda Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD), the 2010 CRF250R continues Honda’s long-standing position of class dominance. This latest CRF250R sets a higher benchmark for impressive power and class-leading handling all rolled into one competition-ready package.
New for 2010
- All-new, more compact engine.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI).
- Longer-stroke engine utilizes new MotoGP-technology valve springs made of ultra-high-strength material to achieve higher rpm, netting stronger mid- to-high rpm power.
- Redesigned higher-capacity airbox for enhanced breathing and increased power also improves filter access.
- All-new single-muffler exhaust system improves mass centralization.
- Progressive Steering Damper (HPSD)-equipped aluminum frame.
- All-new front and rear suspension, featuring upper and lower fork tubes and a shock body developed exclusively for the CRF250R chassis.
- All-new bodywork.
- All-new compact engine.
- Liquid-cooled four-valve Unicam® 249cc engine.
- Engine completely redesigned for improved power delivery from a significantly more compact package that lowers the center of gravity and enhances mass centralization for improved handling.
- New forged slipper-piston material permits a thinner crown. Low-friction surface treatment ensures high-rev potential.
- All-new Programmed Fuel Injection system (PGM-FI) utilizes a 50mm throttle body with 12-hole injector fed by lightweight 50-psi pump to ensure optimum fuel atomization and precisely targeted fuel charge. System also improves fuel consumption.
- PGM-FI system monitors throttle position, intake air and coolant temperatures and manifold pressure to accurately map fuel charge and ignition spark, significantly improving partial-throttle response and helping to ensure excellent rideability.
- AC generator enlarged to service the PGM-FI system. Two crankshaft position sensors quickly determine crank position to provide quick starts, hot or cold.
- New mechanical water pump seal improves durability
- Kashima coating applied to the clutch basket and clutch center improves clutch life and feel.
- All-new transmission ratios match engine power output.
- All-new HPSD-equipped Twin-Spar Aluminum Frame with forged-aluminum steering head. Spar height was reduced (70mm to 66mm) and width was narrowed (27mm to 26mm). Stronger downtubes improve front-end feel.
- Steering response and overall handling were improved by positioning the front wheel 15mm farther back and closer to the crankshaft.
- Frame, steering head and swingarm modifications permit a reduction in triple-clamp offset (22mm to 20mm).
- Removable rear subframe was redesigned to eliminate brackets. Shape altered to improve air filter access and narrow the bike profile.
- HPSD features a compact damper attached to the lower triple clamp and the steering head to allow more aggressive steering characteristics and assist straight-line handling. Damping action smoothly progresses as handlebar deflection increases, which produces very natural steering characteristics and feel.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension features exclusive Showa integrated reservoir with all-new damping and spring settings.
- Brake system integrates the rear master-cylinder and fluid reservoir, eliminating the separate reservoir and hose.
- Link-type front-brake master cylinder and a lightweight brake rotor provide strong braking.
- Engine stop switch features an integrated LED pre-ride check indicator. This confirms the PGM-FI system is operating normally.
- All-new higher-capacity airbox improves filter access.
- PGM-FI tuning connectors located behind radiator shroud for easier access
- Redesigned larger radiators, improve cooling performance
- New fuel-tank tether eliminates need to disconnect fuel line to work on top end.
- Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat and footpeg height to place the rider's legs at the narrowest part of the frame for improved comfort and handling feel.
- Adjustable front-brake lever for improved control.
- Quick-adjust clutch perch for easy cable adjustment.
- Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to help reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- American Honda will also be offering a lineup of Honda Genuine Accessories for the 2010 CRF250R. The HRC-branded line will include performance accessories like triple clamp, full exhaust system and PGM-FI tuning kit, as well as cosmetic items such as master cylinder caps, brake line clamp, oil dipstick and rear brake clevis. Select accessories will also fit the 2009 and 2010 CRF450R.