Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport / CBR1000RR / Features
2007 Honda CBR1000RR Features
09/06/2006 - Torrance, Calif.
The awesome CBR1000®RR packs MotoGP technology into a Superbike equally at home on the racetrack as it is on the streets.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- Black-painted swingarm adds aggressive new look.
- Exciting new colors Black/Metallic Gray and Light Silver Metallic join Red/Black.
- Liquid-cooled 998cc inline four-cylinder engine.
- Aluminum frame patterned after the RC211V® MotoGP machine.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) for optimum steering effort and stability.
- Cassette-type close-ratio six-speed transmission.
- Centrally located fuel tank increases mass centralization and allows more compact frame design.
- Radial-mounted front brakes.
- Center-up exhaust system.
- Unit Pro-Link™ rear suspension and swingarm design inspired by RC211V.
- Line-beam headlight features three-piece reflector design.
- Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) system features two injectors per cylinder.
- Aggressive styling based on the championship-winning RC211V MotoGP machine.
- Liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 998cc four-stroke inline four-cylinder engine features bore-and-stroke dimensions of 75mm x 56.5mm.
- Sixteen-valve cylinder head features 29mm intake and 24mm exhaust valves with a 12.2:1 compression ratio for efficient combustion and high horsepower.
- Intake valve features double-spring design for optimum performance at high rpm.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation system ensures high-rpm durability and allows 16,000-mile valve maintenance intervals.
- Lightweight nutless connecting rods.
- Iridium-tip spark plugs improve fuel combustion and performance.
- DSFI system features two injectors per cylinder--one upper and one lower--controlled by an electronic control unit (ECU) that senses rpm and throttle opening. Lower injector enhances rideability while upper injector improves top-end horsepower. At lower rpm only the lower injector is working. At higher rpm, both injectors are activated. The system uses 44mm throttle bodies.
- Denso injectors with lightweight valving for faster reaction time and 12 holes per injector improve atomization of fuel mixture for optimum combustion efficiency and power.
- Auto-enriching system is integrated into programmed fuel injection (PGM-FI) module, eliminating the need for a manual choke.
- Forged aluminum pistons with moly surface treatment for reduced friction.
- Aluminum composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure-formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The lightweight composite sleeves provide better wear resistance and superior heat dissipation compared to conventional sleeves.
- ECU provides two digital 3-D fuel-injection maps for each cylinder and two digital 3-D ignition maps for cylinder pairs, creating ideal fuel mixture and spark advance settings for superb rideability.
- Ram-air system allows high volume of cool air to the 8.35-liter airbox for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.
- Stainless steel four-into-two-into-one center-up exhaust with twin outlets and titanium core increases lean angle and reduces wind drag.
- Liquid-cooled aluminum oil cooler is lightweight and efficient.
- Magnesium ACG cover for lighter weight.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
- Starter gears located on the right side to produce narrow engine and increased lean angle.
- Eight-plate clutch is compact and tough, featuring durable friction plate material.
- Cassette-type, close-ratio six-speed transmission is easily accessible for rapid gear ratio changes and maintenance at the race track.
- Durable #530 O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Lightweight, twin-spar aluminum frame utilizes RC211V technology.
- Aluminum-hybrid rear swingarm is longest in class for superior traction under hard acceleration.
- New aluminum subframe is lightweight and easily removed for ease of maintenance.
- HESD is a rotary-type steering damper that electronically modulates steering damping based on road speed and acceleration. An ECU senses road speed and acceleration and then sends a signal to a solenoid. The solenoid controls an oil-pressure relief valve within the damper unit. At slower speeds the relief valve is open, allowing for a free flow of oil through the damper unit, resulting in reduced damping force and lighter steering effort. At higher speeds the flow of oil is restricted, resulting in increased damping force and additional stability. HESD is the first steering-damping system that makes it possible to increase high-speed performance while maintaining low-speed handling.
- 43mm inverted aluminum-slider Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) cartridge front fork features spring preload and rebound and compression damping adjustability, and offers precise action and unparalleled rigidity.
- Unit Pro-Link rear suspension system is patterned after the RC211V MotoGP machine. In this system, the upper shock mount is contained within the swingarm rather than the frame. With no top frame mount for the shock, this unique system reduces negative suspension energy from being transmitted into the frame, allowing optimum frame rigidity and improved rideability out of corners. The HMAS shock offers rebound and compression damping and spring preload adjustability.
- Front-brake system features radial-mounted four-piston calipers and 320mm floating discs, and a 220mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper for exceptional stopping power.
- Super-light, aluminum-alloy hollow-spoke wheels feature race-spec 3.5 x 17-inch front and 6.0 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
- Centrally mounted 4.8-gallon fuel tank is positioned low in the frame, increasing mass centralization and allowing a more compact design. This design positions the rider farther forward for optimum handling.
- High-capacity 350-watt AC generator.
- High-tech instrument display features tachometer, LCD readouts for speedometer, coolant temperature, odometer, two tripmeters and a clock. A low-fuel LED light and shift-indicator light is located in the tachometer.
- Line-beam headlight features three-piece reflector design utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and unique compact design.
- LED taillights for improved appearance.
- Plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
- One-piece fan assembly increases cooling efficiency.
- Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
- Folding aerodynamic mirrors.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Benefits include roadside assistance, online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing and MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Passenger Seat Cowl (color-matched).