Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport / CBR600RR / Features
2005 Honda CBR600RR Features
The 2005 CBR600RR incorporates a host of next-generation upgrades that elevate this full-on sport mount to all-new heights.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
- Radial-mounted front brake calipers.
- 41mm inverted front fork.
- New intake port shape and redesigned exhaust for lighter weight and increased mid-range power.
- New piston surface treatment for reduced friction.
- Fuel injection flow increased to match intake and exhaust system changes.
- Frame and sub-frame redesigned for lighter weight while maintaining superior handling characteristics.
- New bodywork more closely resembles RC211V and reduces weight.
- Redesigned top triple-clamp allows for lighter weight.
- New swingarm assembly redesigned for lighter weight.
- New two-piece shock design for improved performance and lighter weight.
- Available in Red/Black, Black/Tribal, Metallic Silver/Black and Black.
- Unit Pro-Link® rear suspension and swingarm design inspired by RC211V.
- Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) system features two injectors per cylinder.
- High-revving engine redlines at 15,000 rpm.
- RC211V-style center-up exhaust system.
- Centrally located fuel tank increases mass centralization and allows more compact frame design.
- Line Beam Headlight features three-piece reflector design.
- Liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 599cc four-stroke inline four-cylinder engine features oversquare bore and stroke of 67mm x 42.5mm.
- High-revving engine has 15,000-rpm redline (CBR®600F4i redlines at 14,200), wider powerband and more over-rev than CBR600F4i.
- Compact engine length (236mm) positions the rider forward for more precise handling.
- Iridium-tip spark plugs improve fuel combustion and performance.
- Dual Stage Fuel Injection system features two injectors per cylinder--one upper and one lower--controlled by an ECU that senses rpm and throttle opening. Lower injector enhances rideability while upper injector improves top-end horsepower. At lower rpm only the lower injector is working. Above 5500 rpm both injectors are activated. The system uses 40mm throttle bodies.
- Denso injectors with 12 holes per injector deliver a finely atomized fuel mixture for optimum combustion efficiency and power.
- Auto enriching system is integrated into PGM-FI module, eliminating the need for a manual choke.
- Two-stage ram-air system provides a high volume of cool air to the airbox for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.
- Cylinder head features angled valve inset to improve airflow.
- Cylinder head features two springs per intake valve and two springs per exhaust valve for optimum high-rpm valve operation and durability.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and durability and offers 16,000-mile maintenance intervals.
- Light pistons, piston pins and nutless connecting rods contribute to higher-revving engine.
- Pistons receive new moly surface treatment for reduced friction.
- Double-pivot cam-chain tensioner for cam chain durability.
- Right-side starter gears for increased lean angle.
- Lightweight aluminum oil cooler.
- Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission is closely matched to the engine's powerband.
- Die cast aluminum frame utilizes new manufacturing methods to provide optimum rigidity while reducing weight. Frame is tuned for precise handling characteristics.
- New 41mm inverted Honda Multi-Action System™ (HMAS™) cartridge front fork features spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability for precise action.
- Unit Pro-Link rear suspension system is patterned after RC211V GP racer. In this system, the upper shock mount is contained within the swingarm rather than the frame. With no top frame-mount for the shock, this unique system reduces negative suspension energy from being transmitted into the frame, allowing optimum frame rigidity and improved rideability out of corners.
- Braking system features twin four-piston radial mounted front calipers, dual 310mm front discs and a single 220mm rear disc for optimum stopping power.
- Redesigned center-up exhaust system features four-into-two-into-one design for increased performance, aerodynamics, and lighter weight.
- Handlebars located below top triple-clamp for precise handling.
- Industry-leading ergonomic design features maximum rider comfort for minimum fatigue in all riding conditions.
- Centrally mounted 4.8-gallon fuel tank is positioned low in the frame, increasing mass centralization and allowing a more compact design. This design positions the rider 70mm forward for optimum handling.
- Plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
- Line Beam Headlight features three-piece reflector design (first in the world) utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution, and unique compact design.
- Instrumentation is very compact and features tachometer, speedometer and fuel gauge.
- Attractive hollow-spoke aluminum alloy wheels feature race spec 3.5 x 17-inch front and 5.5 x 17-inch rear dimensions.
- One-piece fan assembly for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Optional seat cowl.
- Compact rear cowl storage compartment for U-type locking devices (lock not included) under the passenger seat.
- Pivoting aerodynamic mirrors.
- Integrated ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
- Convenient push-to-cancel turn signal switch.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
- Color-matched Passenger Seat Cowl.