Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport / CBR600RR / Features
2007 Honda CBR600RR Features
09/06/2006 - Torrance, Calif.
The CBR®600's most radical redesign since the introduction of the RR in 2003 is highlighted by a whole new engine, frame and bodywork that results in a smaller, lighter, more powerful CBR600RR with a class-leading power-to-weight ratio and unparalleled performance.Email a Friend
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- Class-leading power-to-weight ratio for outstanding acceleration and handling.
- Smaller, lighter, more compact inline four-cylinder engine.
- Improved midrange performance and enhanced peak power.
- Significant weight reduction in engine and chassis.
- Repositioned transmission shafts within crankcase allow for shorter engine.
- New lightweight, forged-aluminum pistons incorporate special shot peening for added toughness.
- Lightweight magnesium head cover.
- New, single exhaust valve springs.
- Smaller, lighter neodymium-magnet ACG.
- New transmission gear ratios.
- Smaller, lighter clutch.
- New front-brake vertical-piston master-cylinder system.
- Lighter-weight stainless steel four-into-one exhaust features new inline-exhaust valve to control exhaust pressure for maximum performance.
- New intake-air control valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smoothes response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake when the throttle is opened and closed.
- New non-resonance knock sensor maintains optimum spark advance while constantly monitoring combustion performance during mid- to high-speed operation.
- New nose-mounted ram-air induction directs fresh, cool air to a higher-volume airbox.
- New smaller and lighter Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD).
- Newly designed Fine Die-Cast (FDC) frame uses four large castings for lighter weight.
- Improved mass centralization.
- Redesigned radiator with compact dimensions improves cooling capacity.
- All-new bodywork enhances handling and performance.
- Handlebars raised 0.7 inch for improved rider comfort.
- Center of gravity revised for more neutral response and easier side-to-side flickability.
- New, compact instrument design.
- Exciting new colors--Pearl White/Silver and Ultra Blue Metallic/Silver-join Red/Black and Black as color options.
- Unit Pro-Link™ rear suspension and swingarm design inspired by RC211V®.
- Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) system features two injectors per cylinder.
- High-revving engine redlines at 15,000 rpm.
- MotoGP-style RC211V center-up exhaust system.
- Radial-mount front brake calipers combined with radial actuated master cylinder.
- 41mm Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) inverted front fork.
- Centrally located fuel tank increases mass centralization and allows more compact frame design.
- Line-beam headlights feature three-piece reflector design.
- Liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 599cc four-stroke inline four-cylinder engine features oversquare bore and stroke of 67mm x 42.5mm.
- Intake-port surface treatment revised for improved efficiency.
- Oil jet relocated beneath piston for additional friction reduction and cooling.
- Iridium-tip spark plugs improve fuel combustion and performance.
- DSFI system features 40mm throttle bodies and two injectors per cylinder--one upper and one lower--controlled by an electronic control system (ECU) that senses rpm and throttle opening. Lower injector enhances rideability while upper injector improves top-end horsepower.
- Denso 12-hole injectors deliver finely atomized fuel mixture for optimum combustion efficiency and power.
- Auto enrichment system is integrated into programmed fuel-injection (PGM-FI) module, eliminating the need for a manual choke.
- Two-stage ram-air system provides high volume of cool air to the airbox for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.
- Cylinder head features angled valve insets to improve airflow.
- Cylinder head features two springs per intake valve and one spring per exhaust valve for optimum high-rpm valve operation and durability.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and durability with 16,000-mile maintenance intervals.
- Lighter pistons and lighter, nutless connecting rods contribute to quicker acceleration.
- Double-pivot tensioner for cam-chain durability.
- Right-side starter gears allow increased lean angle.
- Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission with new gear ratios is closely matched to the engine's powerband.
- 41mm inverted HMAS cartridge front fork features spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability for precise action.
- Unit Pro-Link rear suspension system is patterned after RC211V GP racer. In this two-piece shock system, the upper shock mount is contained within the swingarm rather than the frame. With no top frame mount for the shock, this unique system reduces negative suspension energy from being transmitted into the frame, allowing optimum frame rigidity and improved rideability out of corners.
- Braking system features twin four-piston radial-mounted front calipers, dual 310mm front discs and a single 220mm rear disc for optimum stopping power.
- New vertical-piston master-cylinder system produces superior leverage ratio at the front brake lever for higher braking efficiency with excellent feel and controllability. This layout permits the use of a longer brake lever, which means more braking force with less effort from the rider.
- Lighter aluminum steering stem.
- Industry-leading ergonomic design features maximum rider comfort for minimum fatigue in all riding conditions.
- Centrally mounted 4.8-gallon fuel tank is positioned low in the frame, increasing mass centralization and allowing a more compact design.
- Plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
- Line-beam headlights feature three-piece reflector design utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and a unique compact design.
- New instrumentation is very compact and features LCD panel with tachometer, odometer, twin tripmeters, speedometer, fuel gauge and clock.
- Attractive, hollow-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels feature race-spec 3.5x17.0-inch front and 5.5x17.0-inch rear dimensions.
- One-piece fan assembly for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Optional seat cowl.
- Compact rear-cowl storage compartment for U-type locking devices (lock not
included) under the passenger seat.
- Pivoting, aerodynamic mirrors.
- Integrated ignition-switch/fork lock for added security.
- Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America® (HRCA®). Benefits include roadside assistance, online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing and MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Color-Matched Passenger Seat Cowl, Cycle Cover. Specifications