Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport / CBR600RR / Features
2009 Honda CBR600RR/ CBR600RR ABS - Features & Benefits
A winner on the racetrack and in magazine comparison tests, the light, compact and powerful Honda CBR600RR raises performance standards to new heights in the middleweight class, and is now available with electronic Combined ABS.
New for 2009
- Increased mid-range power from crossover balance tubes on exhaust and an exhaust pressure valve in the muffler similar to the valve used in the CBR1000RR.
- Intake ports use the latest shot-peening technology that improves power and torque characteristics.
- New bodywork for a sleek, race-ready look.
- New lightweight turn signals.
- Radial-mounted monoblock four-piston front calipers.
- CBR600RR ABS is equipped with a patented, electronically controlled system for supersport motorcycles: Combined ABS. Combined ABS merges the benefits of a brand-new Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and the ability to apply braking forces to both wheels into one electronically controlled system that blends the advantages of both (see Technology Section).
- Exciting new colors: Red/Black, Black/Bright Green Metallic, Metallic Black, Phoenix, Pearl White/Pearl Blue/Red (2009 special color†).
- Exclusive, MotoGP-derived Unit Pro-Link® Rear Suspension (see Technology Section).
- Dual Stage Fuel Injection System (PGM-DSFI) features two injectors per cylinder (see Technology Section).
- MotoGP-derived Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) (see Technology Section).
- High-revving engine redlines at 15,000 rpm.
- MotoGP-style center-up exhaust system.
- 41mm Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) inverted front fork (see Technology Section).
- Centrally located fuel tank increases mass centralization for a more compact frame design.
- Line-beam headlights feature three-piece multi-reflector design.
- Liquid-cooled DOHC 16-valve 599cc four-stroke inline four-cylinder engine features oversquare bore and stroke of 67mm x 42.5mm.
- Idle-Air Control Valve (IACV) minimizes torque reaction and smoothes response to small throttle changes through gradual reductions of air and fuel intake.
- Oil jets located beneath the pistons for extra friction reduction and cooling.
- Iridium-tip spark plugs improve fuel combustion and performance.
- Non-resonance knock sensor maintains optimum spark advance while constantly monitoring combustion performance during mid- to high-rpm operation.
- Nose-mounted, two-stage ram-air system provides high volume of cool air to the airbox for linear power delivery and incredible engine performance.
- Lightweight magnesium head cover.
- Cylinder head features angled valve insets to improve airflow.
- Cylinder head features two springs per intake valve and one spring per exhaust valve for optimum high-rpm valve operation and durability.
- Direct shim-under-bucket valve actuation ensures high-rpm performance and durability with 16,000-mile maintenance intervals.
- Molybdenum shot-peening on pistons reduces friction.
- Lightweight, forged-aluminum pistons incorporate special shot-peening for added strength.
- Nutless connecting rods contribute to reduced weight and quicker acceleration.
- Light neodymium magnet ACG.
- Lightweight stainless-steel 4-into-1 exhaust features inline-exhaust valve to control exhaust pressure for increased performance.
- Double-pivot tensioner for cam-chain durability.
- Smooth-shifting close-ratio six-speed transmission with ratios closely matched to the engine's powerband.
- Hollow Fine Die-Cast (DC) frame uses four large castings for ultra light weight (see Technology Section).
- Light aluminum steering stem.
- 41mm inverted HMAS cartridge front fork features spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability for precise suspension tuning (see Technology Section).
- Exclusive, MotoGP-derived Unit Pro-Link Rear Suspension (see Technology Section).
- Radial-mounted monoblock four-piston front calipers feature chromium-plated aluminum pistons and squeeze lightweight 310mm floating discs in front and a 220mm rear disc with a single-piston caliper for exceptional stopping power.
- Vertical-piston master-cylinder system produces superior leverage ratio at the front brake lever for higher braking efficiency, excellent feel and controllability. This layout permits the use of a longer brake lever, which means more braking force with less effort from the rider.
- CBR600RR ABS features Honda Combined ABS (see Technology Section). This all-new ECM-controlled (Electronic Control Module), hydraulically actuated system provides accurate braking force distribution to both wheels. ABS is controlled by a hydro-electronic unit and stroke simulator to ensure precise operation. Benefits include consistent lever pressure without the pulsing often associated with ABS. Application of rear brake does not result in immediate front brake activation unless lock-up is sensed, allowing an experienced rider to use rear brake in a normal manner during spirited riding. Combined ABS components are smaller and lighter than conventional hydraulic ABS designs, and have been located nearer to the center of the machine, enhancing mass centralization and reducing unsprung weight.
- Industry-leading ergonomic design features maximum rider comfort for minimum fatigue in all riding conditions.
- Centrally mounted 4.8-gallon fuel tank is positioned low in the frame, increasing mass centralization and allowing a more compact design.
- Plastic tank shell cover protects tank and airbox.
- Line-beam headlights feature three-piece multi-reflector design utilizing two H7 bulbs for optimum light distribution and a unique compact design.
- Instrumentation is very compact and features LCD panel with tachometer, odometer, twin tripmeters, speedometer, fuel gauge and clock.
- Attractive, hollow-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels feature race-spec 3.5 x 17.0-inch front and 5.5 x 17.0-inch rear dimensions.
- One-piece fan assembly for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Compact rear-cowl storage compartment for U-type locking devices under the passenger seat (lock not included).
- Pivoting, aerodynamic mirrors.
- Integrated ignition-switch/fork lock for added security.
- Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one-year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America®, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse Web site and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA®, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
- Color-Matched Passenger Seat Cowl.
- CBR® Racing Cycle Cover (indoors).
- Carbon-Fiber Accents.
† Limited color run, less than 500