Powersports / Motorcycles / Sport / Superhawk / Features
2005 Honda Super Hawk Features
09/08/2004 - Torrance, Calif.
It's the V-twin sport bike that takes high performance into the realm of the long haul: Honda's Super Hawk.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
- New Titanium color.
- Silver-painted wheels.
- 996cc DOHC eight-valve 90° V-twin engine features identical 180° reversed heads and chain-driven camshafts.
- Horizontally split crankcase incorporates swingarm pivot and Pro-Link® bracket mounts at rear.
- Integrated upper crankcase/cylinder block casting contributes to lightweight, compact engine design.
- Nutless connecting rods feature bolts threaded directly into tapped holes in rods. The design is lighter than a conventional bolt-and-nut combination. Carburized rods offer optimal balance of strength and durability.
- Lightweight, skirtless slipper pistons reduce reciprocating mass.
- Chain-driven camshafts operate valves by means of shimmed-bucket lifters.
- 48mm slanted flat-slide CV carbs provide sharp, linear response and are fed by a large-capacity 8-liter airbox.
- High-accuracy, computer-controlled ignition system monitors engine speed and throttle angle for optimal performance throughout the rev range. Includes 10,100-rpm rev limiter.
- Slim-tipped NGK VX spark plugs deliver excellent performance and enhanced rideability.
- Air injection system designed into heads maintains optimum combustion efficiency.
- All-stainless two-into-one-into-two exhaust system with 4.5-liter buffed-finish canister-style mufflers.
- 140mm, 10-plate hydraulic clutch.
- Side-mounted dual radiators utilize low pressure of airflow passing over outer surface of cowling to draw air through from inside. Side positioning permits flow of air to reach cylinders and exhaust pipes for enhanced cooling efficiency, while facilitating front-cylinder service. At low speeds, a large right-side fan blows air directly out to the side and away from the rider.
- Chain-driven water pump located in crook of V between cylinders.
- High-efficiency oil cooler mounted in front of front cylinder head.
- Slick shifting six-speed transmission.
- Engine-mounted swingarm eliminates need for conventional pivot plates, allowing the twin-spar aluminum frame to weigh only 17.6 pounds. Features massive D-section spars and curved box-section engine hanger-rails that reach back from the steering head to anchor directly on the engine, joining at the back to provide a solid mounting point for the top of the rear shock and the bolt-on seat rail.
- 41mm Honda Multi-Action System™ (HMAS™) conventional cartridge front fork offers adjustable spring preload and rebound damping.
- Pro-Link rear suspension system, mounted directly to the engine cases, features large-volume 40mm damper with adjustable spring preload and rebound damping.
- Hybrid construction aluminum swingarm combines extruded spars with a rigid cast pivot section.
- Hollow-section, triple-spoke cast aluminum wheels.
- Wide-profile jointless-belt-type radial tires with ZR rating for confident long-term performance.
- Dual floating front disc brakes with four-piston calipers and sintered metal pads. The 296mm rotors are mated to their aluminum inner rotors with eight inserts. The 220mm rear disc brake is stopped by a single-piston caliper.
- Gold anodized highlights include: clutch cover, water pump cover, alternator cover, sprocket cover and front fork legs.
- Black anodized highlights include: front and rear brake calipers and upper triple clamp.
- Instrument display features a large black-on-white-faced analog tachometer with 9500-rpm redline, white-on-black analog speedometer, LCD digital readouts for coolant temperature, fuel level, clock, odometer and A/B tripmeter. Indicator/warning lights include turn signals, high-beam, neutral and oil pressure.
- Three-piece half-fairing provides excellent wind protection and aerodynamics.
- Front fairing ports feed air to the cockpit to lighten handling at higher speeds and provide cooling airflow to the rider. Large side-ports maximize airflow through the side-mounted radiators and away from the rider.
- Fins on lower sides of fairing produce down force at high speeds for enhanced cruising stability.
- Fuel tank designed with sculpted indents for knees and handlebars.
- One-piece seat cowl covers a compartment with specially molded recesses to accommodate most U-locks and cable locking devices. (Lock not included.)
- Single headlight features free-form multi-curvature reflector and a clear lens for optimal brightness and reach.
- Wide-view triangular rear view mirrors mounted on solid, die cast aluminum stays.
- Aluminum die cast footpegs and stays and forged steel sidestand.
- Compact 12AH maintenance-free battery.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
- Touring Accessories: Tank Pad, Magnetic Tank Bag (Black).