Powersports / Motorcycles
2014 Honda Interceptor Features and Benefits
Honda's iconic V-4 powerplants have an alluring character all their own, a unique combination of torque, an aggressive rush of power as the tach needle swings up into the meaty part of the powerband, and a certain texture to the engine feel that tells you this could only be a Honda V-4. The new Interceptor® has all of that and more, including a chassis with that special Honda blend of agility and comfort that strikes an ideal balance for all-day rides on your favorite twisting roads. A stout, single-side swingarm and radial-mount front brakes make sport riding especially fun, and a front-mounted radiator gives the Interceptor a slim profile. To ensure long-term comfort, the Interceptor has upright, neutral ergonomics as well as an adjustable seat. This is a sport bike with plenty of emphasis on sport, plus the versatility for commuting, two-up fun rides and long-haul sport touring. The Deluxe model adds ABS, Traction Control, grip heaters, electronic self-canceling turn signals, and a centerstand for riders wanting even more features.
Features & Benefits
- Radial-mount front brakes deliver cutting-edge stopping action.
- Riding position is more upright for greater long-range comfort.
- Handlebar Risers from Honda Genuine Accessories can be added to lift bars 0.6 inch to create an even more upright seating position if desired.
- Seat can be adjusted for a height varying from 31.0 inches to 31.8 inches.
- Single-muffler exhaust system gives a new look while also saving a significant amount of weight and lowering the bike's center of gravity (CG).
- New bodywork is 1.5 inches narrower for a slimmer feel, superior aerodynamics and enhanced sport bike style.
- New-design hollow fine-die-cast 10-spoke wheels add function and style.
- Special coating on the wheels, engine and valve covers adds a race-style look.
- Meter package features a digital speedometer and tachometer, gear-position indicator, MPG readout, ambient air temperature gauge and clock.
- LED taillight and headlight with accent lights provide excellent nighttime illumination.
- Color-matched Single-Seat Cowl Package allows the rider to replace the passenger seat and grab rail for a clean, sporty look. Included with both base and Deluxe model Interceptors.
- Optional Honda Genuine Accessories race-style Quick Shifter adds a higher level of sport performance.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Interceptor Deluxe includes all standard features plus:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) for added stopping confidence in varying road and weather conditions (see Technology Section).
- Traction Control limits rear-wheel slippage during hard acceleration or during acceleration on low-traction surfaces.
- An advanced 43mm fork has adjustable rebound damping and adjustable spring preload for a higher level of sport performance.
- Pro-Link® rear suspension system features remote spring preload adjuster for convenient access.
- Electronic self-canceling turn signal system monitors speed, distance and time parameters.
- Grip heaters for added rider comfort and easily adjustable warmth as riding conditions change.
- Honda-exclusive VTEC engine combines the power characteristics of both two- and four-valve cylinder-head designs. The engine runs on two valves per cylinder at lower engine speeds, then switches to four valves per cylinder in a seamless transition as revs build. With the 2014 Interceptor, this system has been tuned so the power builds in a more linear fashion than ever before (see Technology Section).
- Compact 782cc DOHC 90-degree V-4 engine with an oversquare bore and stroke of 72.0mm x 48.0mm.
- Aluminum-composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure-formed from sintered-aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite to provide better wear resistance and superior heat dissipation than conventional sleeves.
- Silent-type cam chain drive eliminates mechanical gear noise. The system features a set of dual tensioners that maintain optimal pressure and lubrication for the cam chains, ensuring quiet operation and long life.
- Engine is mounted as a stressed member of the pivotless frame, a light and compact design.
- Triple-box-section twin-spar aluminum frame features a tuned, pivotless design that isolates the engine-mounted swingarm from the frame for excellent sport performance and ride comfort.
- Honda Pro-Arm® rear suspension system uses a new single-side swingarm to help produce excellent suspension action.
- Pro-Link rear suspension with spring preload and rebound damping adjustability for excellent sport performance.
- Large-diameter 43mm fork offers adjustable spring preload for added versatility.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
Heated Grips, Centerstand, Color-Matched Saddlebags, Saddlebag Liners, Color-Matched Rear Trunk, Rear Trunk Inner Bag, Quick Shifter, Handlebar Riser, Hugger, 12-Volt Socket, Rear Carrier, Tank Pad, Backrest. (Heated Grips and Centerstand are included on Deluxe model.)
† WARRANTY: Because we're so confident in the quality of each of our Honda Genuine Accessories, we're pleased to offer one of the best warranties in the industry. One-year warranty begins on the day accessories are purchased by the customer.
Accessories subject to change.