Powersports / Motorcycles
2015 Honda CRF450R - Features and Benefits
The new CRF450R features innovations forged by competition at the highest levels. An innovative Engine Mode Select button—an industry first for motocross machines—allows the rider to easily select one of three different EFI/ignition maps. A new fork with both high-/low-speed compression and rebound damping adjustment, larger front brake, new cylinder head, exhaust system, and revised settings for the Dual-Timing PGM-FI fuel injection elevate the CRF450R’s performance to a whole new level.New for 2015
- New cylinder head for more top-end power and added overrev features right-side exhaust port to accommodate new exhaust system.
- New exhaust system uses larger-diameter pipe and exhaust outlet to aid top-end power.
- Overall exhaust system length is much shorter and closer to the bike’s center of mass for more agile handling.
- Revised ignition map settings and new settings for the Dual-Timing PGM-FI fuel injection help increase power.
- Peak power hits earlier in the rev range and carries longer than before.
- New piston is even stronger thanks to a new heat-treatment process.
- New Engine Mode Select button—an industry first among motocross machines—allows the rider to easily select one of three different EFI/ignition maps to match each track/riding conditions.
- HRC® accessory tuning tool can be used to program custom maps actuated by the Engine Mode Select button.
- New ACG flywheel incorporates more mass for smooth power delivery and enhanced low-end response, and makes it less prone to stalling or flame out.
- Transmission gears are stronger for added durability.
- New throttle return spring gives a lighter pull.
- New clutch cable design gives a lighter pull at the lever.
- New KYB Pneumatic Spring Fork (PSF) now offers five ways to adjust performance: high-speed and low-speed adjusters for both rebound and compression damping settings, plus air-spring adjustability.
- New fork damper cartridge and other changes in fork construction yield a weight savings of more than 7 ounces.
- Rear shock adjuster for rebound damping settings is now located for more convenient access.
- New front/rear wave-style rotors with a larger 260mm front brake disc add to overall braking performance.
- New-generation Dunlop Geomax MX52 motocross tires front and rear offer improved traction in a wide variety of terrain.
- Front brake guide and radiator grill now feature a black finish
- New fork covers. - All-new CRF® graphic.
Honda Genuine Accessories
PGM-FI Tuning Kit, Workstand