Powersports / Scooters / Ruckus
2012 Honda Ruckus Features and Benefits
What could be cooler than an economical scooter? How about one with an extra dose of attitude? The Ruckus® is Honda’s bare-knuckles scooter that sets a new standard for cool.
New for 2012
- New White/Red color joins Black.
- Well-padded seat boasts a low 29.0-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
- Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer and indicator lights for fuel, coolant temperature and low/high beams. Fuel-indicator light comes on with 0.3 gallon remaining.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Easy-to-use parking brake.
- Helmet holder locks helmet into place under seat.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
- Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
- Electric starter system allows easy push-button starting.
- Maintenance-free ignition system.
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU) provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
- Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and smooth operation.
- Two-piece, die-cast-aluminum front frame with upper steel rear frame.
- Twin-downtube-fork front provides 2.2 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
- Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
- Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable stopping.
- Oversize tires offer a secure grip on the road.
Engine Type: 49cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
Bore and Stroke: 37.8mm x 44mm
Compression Ratio: 11.9:1
Induction: 15mm CV carburetor with automatic choke
Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
Front: Twin-downtube fork; 2.2 inches travel
Rear: Single shock; 2.6 inches travel
Wheelbase: 49.8 inches
Seat Height: 29.0 inches
Fuel Capacity: 1.3 gallons
Estimated Fuel Economy**: 114 MPG
Colors: White/Red, Black
Curb Weight*: 194 pounds
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.
**Honda’s fuel-economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride; how you maintain your vehicle; weather; road conditions; tire pressure; installation of accessories; cargo, rider and passenger weight; and other factors.
Meets current EPA and CARB emissions standards.
©2012 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. All rights reserved.