- Torrance, Calif.
Back to Top
Features & Benefits
The Big Ruckus brings a whole new focus to riding as it blends the open feel of a motorcycle with the comfort and convenience of a scooter.
Features & Benefits
- Rugged styling
- Sliding adjustable seat and convertible passenger saddle that becomes rider backrest.
- Comfortable textured floorboards.
- Unique and spacious rear platform with tie-down hooks.
- Powerful 249cc liquid-cooled four-stroke engine produces impressive power for quick takeoffs.
- Aluminum cylinder head features a 10.5:1 compression ratio. Its design is optimized for maximum intake velocity, providing immediate response at low- to mid-range speeds, and excellent cruising and passing power at highway speeds.
- 30mm CV carburetor offers superb throttle response and excellent fuel mileage.
- Maintenance-free fully transistorized ignition assures immediate and reliable power.
- Auto-enriching system eliminates the need for a manual choke.
- Air injection system ensures efficient combustion of exhaust gases and reduces exhaust emissions.
- Fan-cooled radiator assures consistent engine operating temperatures and long engine life.
- Push-button electric starter provides quick, effortless starting.
- Lightweight and quiet exhaust system.
- Honda V-Matic™ belt drive system provides sophisticated three-stage operation, matching the engine's strong low- and mid-range power to a wide range of operating conditions. Stage One delivers efficient, quiet power for around-town cruising; Stage Two provides increased power for moderate acceleration; and Stage Three provides maximum power for full acceleration and top speed.
- Durable steel frame is lightweight yet strong, providing an optimum combination of rigidity and flexibility for superb road handling.
- Stout, 33mm hydraulic front fork with 3.9 inches of suspension travel provides a plush, well-controlled ride.
- Single rear shock for a smooth, comfortable ride.
- Hydraulic 240mm front disc brake and 160mm drum rear brake offer excellent stopping power.
- The Big Ruckus' Combined Brake System provides added control when slowing or stopping. Rider application of the front brake lever activates the front brake in conventional fashion. Application of the rear brake lever activates the rear brake and front brake together. When only the rear brake lever is used, a proportioning mechanism gradually applies the front brake.
- Rugged cast aluminum wheels are lightweight and strong.
- Large, 12-inch 110/90 and 12-inch 130/70 tires provide excellent traction.
- Integrated textured floorboards angle upward in the front for optimum rider foot placement when riding. Floorboards narrow below the seat to allow the rider to place both feet on the ground easily.
- Folding passenger footrests are integrated into the Big Ruckus' rugged styling.
- Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, tripmeter, fuel gauge and indicator lights for oil temperature and parking brake.
- Rugged dual headlights feature two 55-watt low beam bulbs and two 60 watt high beam bulbs for superior illumination.
- Handlebar-mounted rear view mirrors.
- Convenient tie down hooks for secure storage.
- Unique freely adjustable folding seat has a range of 90mm forward and backward to ten different positions providing maximum riding comfort for riders of all sizes. The seat can be adjusted by inserting the ignition key into a keyhole on the right side of the seat and then operating the seat slide lever. The seat can also be folded up into a backrest position revealing a large, flat cargo area.
- Storage includes a convenient locking utility box to the lower right of the passenger seat for secure storage of smaller items.
- Large, 3.2-gallon fuel tank offers extended cruising range. The fuel door is located behind a locking cover in the frame well between the floorboards.
- Convenient cable-operated parking brake is engaged by pulling a large handle on the upper-right panel. Pressing down on the handle releases the brake.
- Powerful 12-volt electrical system and maintenance-free battery offer superb reliability.
- Powerful 400 watt ACG generator.
- Ignition switch/steering lock helps keep the Big Ruckus secure when parked.
- Sidestand switch allows starting only if the sidestand has been retracted and the rear brake lever is applied.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider™ magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.