Powersports / Scooters
2007 Honda Metropolitan Features
With the coolest color schemes you'll ever see, the Metropolitan is hip and fun to ride--not to mention easy to operate and economical to own.
Features & Benefits
New for 2007
- Colors include Sapphire, Ruby, Pink Hibiscus and Purple Kanji.
- Efficient four-stroke engine consumes substantially less fuel and produces significantly lower exhaust emissions than a comparable two-stroke engine.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic transmission allows speeds up to 40 mph.
- Combined Braking System (CBS) provides excellent stopping power.
- Lightweight, sturdy aluminum chassis is recyclable and contributes to the Metropolitan®'s maneuverability and excellent fuel economy.
- Lockable underseat compartment offers nearly 22 liters of storage capacity.
- Lockable centerstand deters unauthorized use.
- Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
- Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
- Maintenance-free solid-state CD ignition system.
- Simple push-button electric starter.
- Starter system utilizes the engine's brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires no maintenance and lowers overall weight for even better fuel economy.
- Solid-state ECU provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG/starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
- Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
- Compact engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
- Electromagnetic fuel pump is located in the fuel tank under the Metropolitan's floor and contributes to the excellent storage space under the seat.
- Automatic cam-chain tensioner requires virtually no maintenance.
- Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and requires virtually no maintenance.
- Two-piece, die-cast-aluminum chassis provides an optimum balance of light weight and rigidity for excellent handling.
- Twin-downtube fork front provides 1.9 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
- Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
- Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable, powerful stopping power.
- The Metropolitan's CBS brakes provide added control when slowing or stopping. Rider application of the front-brake lever activates the front brake in conventional fashion. Application of the rear-brake lever mounted on the left handlebar, activates the rear-brake and the front brake together; when only the rear brake lever is used, a proportioning mechanism gradually applies the front brake.
- High-grip, high-mileage tires.
- Well-padded seat boasts a low 28.3-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
- Underseat storage compartment with 22-liter capacity holds groceries or a full-face helmet.
- Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer, analog fuel gauge and indicator lights for coolant temperature and low/high beams.
- Audible turn-signal indicator.
- Parking brake.
- Key-operated ignition lock has an integrated trunk-release switch. By pushing in the key, the rider can easily unlock the spacious storage compartment under the main seat.
- Centerstand locking lever located inside the underseat storage compartment discourages unauthorized use.
- Rear hand grip.
- Helmet holder locks helmet in place under seat.
- Shopping-bag holder.
- Backup kickstarter.
- Twin-filament headlight with 35-watt low/high beam provides ample nighttime illumination.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Fuel-cap design allows easy removal.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Purchase of a new, previously unregistered Honda unit by an individual retail user in the United States qualifies the owner for a one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America™ (HRCA®). Benefits include online access to the Honda Common Service Manual, six issues of the bimonthly Honda Red Rider™ magazine, travel discounts, trip routing and MSF reimbursement, plus access to the HRCA Web site (www.hrca.honda.com). Look for the HRCA support team at select off-road events across the country. For details on the HRCA, dealers should call (310) 783-3958, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Rear Carrier.
- Rear Trunk.
- Front Inner Basket.