What could be cooler than an economical scooter? How about one with an extra dose of attitude. Call it the Ruckus®, Honda's bare-knuckle scooter that sets a new standard for cool.
Features & Benefits
New for 2009
- New colors include Red and Matte Gray Metallic.
- Lightweight 49cc four-stroke OHC liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine provides ample power for in-town riding.
- Fuel-sipping constant-velocity (CV) carburetor with automatic choke.
- Maintenance-free ignition system.
- Starter system utilizes the engine's brushless alternator (ACG) for starting, eliminating the need for a separate starter motor. This simple design requires no maintenance and further reduces overall weight for even better fuel economy.
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU) provides control for ignition timing, alternator regulator, ACG starter, electric fuel pump and automatic choke.
- Lightweight, maintenance-free, magnetically driven water pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals.
- Compact, engine-mounted radiator has aluminum fins for optimal cooling in all riding conditions.
- Electromagnetic fuel pump is located adjacent to the fuel tank under the floorboard of the Ruckus.
- Ultra-quiet exhaust system.
- Automatic Honda V-Matic belt-drive transmission provides spirited acceleration and smooth operation.
- Two-piece, die-cast aluminum front frame with upper steel rear frame.
- Twin-downtube-fork front suspension provides 2.2 inches of plush travel for a well-controlled ride.
- Single-side aluminum swingarm with single-shock rear suspension has 2.6 inches of travel for a compliant, comfortable ride.
- Front and rear drum brakes offer predictable stopping.
- Oversize tires offer a secure grip on the road.
- Well-padded seat boasts a low 28.9-inch seat height for added confidence at stops.
- Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, odometer and indicator lights for fuel, coolant temperature and low/high beams. Fuel-indicator light comes on with 0.3 gallon remaining.
- Audible turn-signal indicator.
- Parking brake.
- Helmet holder locks helmet into place under seat.
- Backup kickstart lever.
- Dual headlights with two 35-watt bulbs. Low/high beams provide ample nighttime illumination.
- Maintenance-free battery.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America®, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse Web site and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA®, log on to hrca.honda.com.